Red Cafe in meltdown

Ok guys, please bear with me and try to be objective with this,
A rag that I work with is one of the few that i listen to as he is generally quite honest and truthful about football in general and doesn't go along with much of the media bullshit.
He asked me this question today and i was shocked the more i thought about it.
If United appointed a new manager today and gave him the task of finishing in the top 6 this year, top 4 next year and then to mount a serious challenge for the title in 3 years time all the while playing an attractive brand of football. Who would you build this seasons squad around and who would still be there is 3 years?

I came up with he team below for this season.
De Gea
Darmian Lindelof Smalling Shaw
Fred
Mata Pogba
Sanchez Rashford Martial

In 3 years time?
The only players I can still being there are Shaw, Fred and Rashford and i doubt they are of a quality to challenge for a title.

This really puts into perspective the rebuilding job they have on their hands, and don't forget if they don't have CL football they will have to pay a premium for players to come, agents will also look at the wages being paid and push for the top dollar. Transfer fees will continue to rise and so when you put this all together you realise just how bad the situation really is for them.

Go on, think about it being objective and then consider our position and it really hits home.

In the past I have likened their situation to a very powerful retailer, with stores all over the country, who never believed that the Internet could greatly or negatively impact their business.

So they under-invest in on-line; meanwhile, their competitors go whole hog (including some willing to lose money or operate on thin margins while they build). Too late, they realize they are losing market share and pricing power to these upstarts.

Now, years behind, with a brand that has lost cache and relevance with consumers, they are making a belated attempt to catch up by dumping gobs of money at the problem. But they don't know how. They are short leadership. They try outspending their rivals, and they try legal channels to stop their rivals. It doesn't work. Nothing works.

And that's where they are now.

Said it before, I'll say it again -- this will make a wonderful business school case someday. It's Exhibit A of laurel-resting, relying on an autocrat to run everything with no plan when he leaves, making terrible hiring decisions at change points, which puts even more pressure on your next hire because it needs to fix an even greater problem and plug an ever-growing hole. It's running and spending, first to stay ahead, then to stay in place, then to catch up, then to continue to live.

They are absolutely fucked, folks. That is -- unless the Glazers sell or the hire a wunderkid Purple Nose 2.0 AND give him the time and money to reconstruct the side his way from the ground up -- which will mean big losses, and at least a few years wandering in the desert between 10th and 15th or worse (which I bet the Glazers are unwilling to stomach).

A rag that I work with is one of the few that i listen to as he is generally quite honest and truthful about football in general and doesn't go along with much of the media bullshit.
If United appointed a new manager today and gave him the task of finishing in the top 6 this year, top 4 next year and then to mount a serious challenge for the title in 3 years time all the while playing an attractive brand of football. Who would you build this seasons squad around and who would still be there is 3 years?

De Gea
Fred
Mata Pogba
Sanchez Rashford Martial

In 3 years time?
The only players I can still being there are Shaw, Fred and Rashford and i doubt they are of a quality to challenge for a title.

This really puts into perspective the rebuilding job they have on their hands, and don't forget if they don't have CL football they will have to pay a premium for players to come, agents will also look at the wages being paid and push for the top dollar. Transfer fees will continue to rise and so when you put this all together you realise just how bad the situation really is for them.

Go on, think about it being objective and then consider our position and it really hits home.

Class of 2021 will fill the rest

De Gea
Fred
Mata Pogba
Sanchez Rashford Martial

In 3 years time?

Tell him to Fcuk off!

Class of 2021 will fill the rest

A massive rebuild job with the players they want to keep not wanting to commit and the players they want rid of on massive wages/contracts. Also another season out of the chumps lge will cut income from Adidas and the inevitable big pay off for Maureen oh it's fucking a great time to be a blue.

Look at this little nugget from Ragcafe, talk about deluded
"A lot of moaning, as usual; and nobody is commenting that United were very good three quarters of the field, stringing passes through City pressure. What was missing was a penetrating pass to the runners (Rashford, Lingard, Martial), and that's where Pogba was sorely missed. The entire game would've been different.

Anyway, I think we're in for a pleasant surprise in the reminder of the season. I feel like things are starting to click, even though the City performance was disappointing. I like Sanchez in the forward role; way better than lukaku"
Drugs are bad. Don't do drugs kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.