Red Cafe in meltdown

Neville and Souness had a debate yesterday on SSN as to where the problem lies. Sounds was trying to get Neville to admit that it was Jose but Neville wouldn't say as much...but I actually think Neville was right in what he said. He said the problem was with the structure of the club (and Im guessing he still ha the inside track on all things Utd). Yes PEG is a problem short term but sacking him doesn't solve that problem......it could potentially take them years to re build and that is just thinking about the first team squad........Other managers could come in and get better out of the squad they have....the likes of Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and even pogba can play better....Fred cannot be that bad if Pep was seriously considering buying him....they have the basis of s reasonably strong team...

However, the back 4 is fucked...(no idea what this Dalot is like as he seems to have ben injured since he has been there) but he rest of it needs replacing....central midfield is a hue issue..they have one creative player in Mata (who probably wants out) and then a load of cloggers who were supposed to help bring the best out of pogba - but he is just some inconsistent as well...He has ability but no discipline/work rate etc - he plays for himself basically.

The bigger issue for them is the running for he club and as long as that stays as it is they are never going to have cohesion. Ofcourse they are so profitable that they will always be able to throw money short term at it which means they will probably never get towards the bottom 6 of the table but if they continue to miss out on champs league they may struggle to attract the players they need and lose others..>Sanchez wants out, pogba making noises about it......if that starts to happen then they could be in real trouble....

Last edited:
For their own good, Utd need to be relegated.

Yes I am serious.

It was the best thing to happen to city imho. It allowed the club to reinvent itself (Wardle said as much on the day it happened).

It won't happen though. I hope it doesn't either. I want them to be like Liverpool have been for the last 30 years, stuck in a stasis of being too shit to do anything but being not shit enough for anything serious enough to happen.

For their own good, Utd need to be relegated.

Yes I am serious.

It was the best thing to happen to city imho. It allowed the club to reinvent itself (Wardle said as much on the day it happened).

It won't happen though. I hope it doesn't either. I want them to be like Liverpool have been for the last 30 years, stuck in a stasis of being too shit to do anything but being not shit enough for anything serious enough to happen.

I'd rather they be like Portsmouth.

Neville and Souness had a debate yesterday on SSN as to where the problem lies. Sounds was trying to get Neville to admit that it was Jose but Neville wouldn't say as much...but I actually think Neville was right in what he said. He said the problem was with the structure of the club (and Im guessing he still ha the inside track on all things Utd). Yes PEG is a problem short term but sacking him doesn't solve that problem......it could potentially take them years to re build and that is just thinking about the first team squad........Other managers could come in and get better out of the squad they have....the likes of Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and even pogba can play better....Fred cannot be that bad if Pep was seriously considering buying him....they have the basis of s reasonably strong team...

However, the back 4 is fucked...(no idea what this Dalot is like as he seems to have ben injured since he has been there) but he rest of it needs replacing....central midfield is a hue issue..they have one creative player in Mata (who probably wants out) and then a load of cloggers who were supposed to help bring the best out of pogba - but he is just some inconsistent as well...He has ability but no discipline/work rate etc - he plays for himself basically.

The bigger issue for them is the running for he club and as long as that stays as it is they are never going to have cohesion. Ofcourse they are so profitable that they will always be able to throw money short term at it which means they will probably never get towards the bottom 6 of the table but if they continue to miss out on champs league they may struggle to attract the players they need and lose others..>Sanchez wants out, pogba making noises about it......if that starts to happen then they could be in real trouble....

Neville won’t step out and slay a manager after his failed stint in Valencia. He wouldn’t be drawn into the whole Wenger thing last season and still belives Moyes should be in the job. I don’t think he really belives it, he made his bed too quickly when he came back from Spain so now he’s got to lie in it.

Souness was on the button. It’s down to the manager to get the best out of the squad. He isn’t. Like I said in an earlier post, their biggest issue is they have recruited the wrong manager. 3 times. Consecutively.

I agree they are unstable above, that was always going to be the case now the Glazers have control since Ferguson’s departure. He kept them at bay.

It’s a beautiful mess.

Neville won’t step out and slay a manager after his failed stint in Valencia. He wouldn’t be drawn into the whole Wenger thing last season and still belives Moyes should be in the job. I don’t think he really belives it, he made his bed too quickly when he came back from Spain so now he’s got to lie in it.

Souness was on the button. It’s down to the manager to get the best out of the squad. He isn’t. Like I said in an earlier post, their biggest issue is they have recruited the wrong manager. 3 times. Consecutively.

I agree they are unstable above, that was always going to be the case now the Glazers have control since Ferguson’s departure. He kept them at bay.

It’s a beautiful mess.
I completely agree with your last sentence, but not your analysis of the principal cause.

That is down to the ownership of the club and its associated business model. The mistakes which you chronicled are merely symptoms of that malaise. What makes the mess even more beautiful is its origin: Ferguson’s naked greed and obduracy over some horse spunk, at the one time in his tenure that he could least afford to be, given the dubious purchases he’d overseen and got over the line around that time.

That is the most likely explanation for his subsequent subservience to the Glazers. They had his number.

Any red cafe boys reading . your team play league 2 football. Lump it long usually from keeper. Creating a 50/50 aerial duel in a opponents final third. Then hope to win second ball from said aerial challenge.
Dated and limited. You can't score without the ball. Only once the whole match did city give up possession wrongly. Second half under a little pressure Bernardo humped it long back to United. The stadium groaned and Bernardo immediately held his hand up to apologise to his team mates.

Will need to watch game again to actually count de gea long humps up field to no one in particular. Also worlds best keeper LOL looks rather limited in this brave new world that Ederson has created via pep.

Chalk and cheese . A victory for total football.

Too late for this poster ‘needham’

‘Debatable? You're talking constant lowercase poom. When Fergie sold Evra took even Neil Webb on his post round by surprise over the course of the 12/13 season. With or without quim. Then came the Moyes helicoptering Mata rest is the smell of a scouse pub following the smoking ban. Fergie Atko even Joe Kinnear all had Irish blood hated Keano's websites saying Tom Ince is not Paul Ince's real daughter. Now you can blame transfer policy while the ICF generals never brought it to Wythenshawe in 06, 07, 08, and good british beefy beef pies feck off I'd never vote for George Weah. Same old posters wanting Pogba's agent gassed in a central midfield 2 hope anger despair Whiteside's very arched nose.’

What the actual...
I'm certain he's talking a lot of sense,if you can be arsed putting the words in the right order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.