Red Cafe in meltdown

For various reasons, it never bothered me as much as it did other fans.

Firstly, it's our most hated rivals indulging in a bit of piss-taking. Are we saying that rival fans aren't allowed to take the piss out of each other or is it only acceptable when it suits?

Secondly, it highlighted their obsession with us, something that they're so often quick to deny. While those cunts were winning everything and we were dogshit, we still got under their skin enough for them to make banners about us and sing songs about us.

Thirdly, as you say these things do tend to come along and bite you on the arse and eventually it did. United fans should know this more than most after Liverpool fans displayed a banner in 1994 following United's first league title win for 26 years the season before. That put United on 8 league titles and the scousers had a banner saying "Come back when you've won 18", no doubt thinking that it would be 40,50, or even 60 years before that happened when they actually managed it in about 15.

One thing I would add is that Ferguson and United fans in general had absolutely no fucking right to complain about our club doing the the Tevez poster when their club was absolutely complicit in allowing that banner to remain in the stadium for years, and often indulged in piss takes around our trophy drought on United's official website.
I never knew that last bit.

In that case, they deserve everything that comes their way.

I never knew that last bit.

In that case, they deserve everything that comes their way.
Yep. I remember once when it was, I think, 28 years since we'd last won a trophy they had those 2 bellends Tyrone and Kirk off Corrie holding up pieces of paper with 28 on them on their official website and encouraging other United fans to do the same.

Yep. I remember once when it was, I think, 28 years since we'd last won a trophy they had those 2 bellends Tyrone and Kirk off Corrie holding up pieces of paper with 28 on them on their official website and encouraging other United fans to do the same.
Scummy behaviour from a scummy club.

Scummy behaviour from a scummy club.
Yep, and only to be expected.

I mentioned the chap along the road from me recently, allegedly a 'rag' (but never been anywhere near the swamp in his entire 50-odd years, or whatever age he is). An arrogant, condescending, genital-manipulator if ever I saw one. Refuses now to even acknowledge me when I see him. One of those grade 'A' twats who always averts his eyes when I'm about, but was shouting from the rooftops after the cup final.

Most of my neighbours are fine upstanding pillars of the community: junkies, and alcoholics, police informers, immigrant smugglers and meth dealers - Oh, we did once have a civil engineer living amongst us, but we got rid of him as soon as possible, he was lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

But this waste of oxygen will never talk about football in my presence again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.