Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

The question isn't if it was a red ( for me both were not worth red cards), the question is if they can do something about referees making such a blatent mistakes and how to stop defending referees making those mistakes.

ThisOne said:
The question isn't if it was a red ( for me both were not worth red cards), the question is if they can do something about referees making such a blatent mistakes and how to stop defending referees making those mistakes.

They could of done something about it but they didn't the red card was upheld and Foy got the backing of the Fa

The FA could do something by asking Foy why in 2 games he has made 2 different decisions for the same challenge

mancboy123 said:
The FA could do something by asking Foy why in 2 games he has made 2 different decisions for the same challenge

Tolmie said that he had received info that Foy's inaction on Johnson will be called into question but I don't know if he has heard anything since.

Its been 5 days since the incident and the media have forgotten about it already and they would do so irrespective if the incident is in or not in his match report the FA I would suggest no action will be taken against Johnson.

In the AFL we have a match review panel that review the whole game and often with the benefit of video replay site players to the player tribunal and list to the public as they would in the Johnson case why they have sited him or not sited him and the reasons why.

We still have the problem of consistency of the level of penalty for like for like or at worst similar incidents as we have a points system in operation in the AFL based on intent , level , force, recklessness , negligence , injury to the player involved etc and because our game is more intense and dangerous than football the penalty system is far more complex than in football but the Premier League would do well to look at the mechanics of it and implement the best components of it as it relates to football.

While we have our issues regarding consistency as well as you always will the system is much more transparent and the AFL public are much more informed and its far more timely than it is in the premier league.

Infact without sounding biased alot of AFL adminsitration is streets ahead of what the League that has lost its soul according to one respected manager has been quoted recently as saying is at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.