Redcafe: The Bitterness Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions....

TheLegendOfBerti said:
oakiecokie said:
Alex
Spam Alert!

Originally Posted by Allforone
An example of what the truly big worldwide stars think of City? step forward Kaka, not for all the oil money in the world was he interested in lowering himself to Citys level, he stayed at a great club like Milan for 6 months before joining another great club in Madrid, stature wise at least, never remotely interested in joining a small club like City not even for record breaking wage packets, says it all really.

City don’t and will never appeal to the truly top players when given the choice of the elite clubs of Europe, ive no doubt even now Balotelli wouldn’t look twice at them if a Barcelona or ourselves came along (his agents constant stalling tactis reek or desperatly hoping someone respectable comes in for his cleint), unfortunately for him Citys all thats on offer, the only thing City have by way of appeal to the very best is ££££ and as Kaka showed even that’s not enough when you’ve the option to join one of the big boys.

A little club with a lot of money, nothing more nothing less.

That is not only naive and arrogant, it is stupid

As you can see from his above response to the other BOZO, the guy is obviously a true football fan and NOT just an arrogant RAG.
For the MODS his Rag name is "Alex" location "Selegna Sol" (could be Spain or Portugal but only guessing) and hes got a wonderful array of 37,613 posts.

Selegna Sol is a band, so he's probably a fan.

As a near 60 year old you must forgive my ignorance of bands.
My fuckers are from the 1960s aka Stones,Beatles,Who etc and more recently Oasis !!
Yes I know I`m an old fart !!

What amazes me is the patience they actually have with each other. I mean there are a LOT of people posting who clearly know very little about United, and fuck all about football in general.

oakiecokie said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
Selegna Sol is a band, so he's probably a fan.

My fuckers are from the 1960s aka Stones,Beatles,Who etc and more recently Oasis !!

i looked it up mate, hadn't a clue, got my man I think though.

bugsyblue said:
What amazes me is the patience they actually have with each other. I mean there are a LOT of people posting who clearly know very little about United, and fuck all about football in general.

That sir, is very evident.
I go on when others have posts "have you read this etc" and it never fails to amaze me with their hypocrisy !!<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 am --<br /><br />
TheLegendOfBerti said:
oakiecokie said:

i looked it up mate, hadn't a clue, got my man I think though.

Good !!
Any chance of a pm please.
Don`t worry I`ll do nothing silly !!

jrb said:
Kolarov.

I note with great pleasure that they are now comparing us to MADRID. ;-)

I feel his pain and bitterness. Slice of lemon anyone?

Let them, Real Madrid are the classic example of a muppet run football club who spunk millions on star names and get nowhere for it, and lets be honest the players they sign are of far greater calibre than the likes of which City are signing, even after spunking hundreds of millions on Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Benzema etc they still won fuck all and got knocked out the the champions league by Lyon...and this is Real Madrid, a far far bigger club than City will ever be or could ever dream of being.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-complete-signing-kolarov-19-million-303362/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-complete ... on-303362/</a>

I know it sounds picky, but we ought to refer to them to Real Madrid or Real and not just Madrid. We've all been in that situation when some ignorant twat from abroad calls that lot 'Manchester'...

KingUtd's insightful guide into why we should all be depressed​

Now, for my insightful picture guide of just how rich City are. (Ok, I'm bored)
Taken from some random website. ;)
1 MILLION DOLLARS
pile.jpg

100 MILLION DOLLARS (CRISTIANO RONALDO)
pallet.jpg

MANCHESTER UNITED'S DEBT (1 BILLION DOLLARS)

pallet_x_10.jpg

Now, you may cry. Skip if you don't want to. :nono:

MANCHESTER CITY
( $1 trillion dollars)​

pallet_x_10000.jpg
:mad:

ROFL

At least this Red has a sense of humor.

blueinsa said:
liamctid said:
Jesus, some of you lot!

United's history didn't start in 1992. I think that incident in the late 50's, European Cup in 68 and a few Cups in the 80's would probably demonstrate that.

We've still won fuck all for years.

STOP TRYING TO GLOAT UNTIL WE HAVE ACTUALLY ACHIEVED SOMETHING!

There is always one!

Ay! Don't be mean. Liams from Milton Keynes I reckon he's showing early signs of Stockholm Syndrome!

This just proves that Redcafe isn't full of dickheads. Two very well thought out posts. The second one is 100% spot on, and every United fan should be thinking and admiting this before they roll out the usual crap about us buying success and ruining football.

Originally Posted by Joga_Bonito
The problem with suggesting that any reservations about Man City necessarily must be a consequence of jealousy or obsession is that there is never an indication of a natural point where it would be justifiable to have some and it not be due to the green eyed monster. If they bought every player on earth, for example, would it then be acceptable to wonder about the effect that is having on the game? Unless you are seriously prepared to defend the position that Man City, and Chelsea before them, are just a natural extension of everything that football should be about, the people who are suggesting that any concern expressed is not serious have all of their work ahead of them explaining why this is so. Simply suggesting that it must be due to jealousy is itself not serious.

Personally, and despite my own feelings about how the owners of both Chelsea and Man City earned their money, I actually enjoy the fact that other clubs provide a real challenge. Does anyone genuinely want to win the league against clubs who have spent half of what we have and against teams that are so obviously inferior that it completely dilutes our own achievement? Whether we would admit it at the time or not, it is possible for it not to even really be an achievement to win the league and for it to be a spectacular failure to come in second place.

And despite my reservations about the future of football, I genuinely don't begrudge any other football fan the satisfaction and enjoyment that I have felt in supporting a club that competes at the very pinnacle of the world game. I don't care if every Man City fan hates me with a passion, I've been so very lucky to have been alive during United's most successful period in their history, and I can't seriously wish to hog that limelight and for all other football fans — of which a vastly disproportionate amount don't ever get to see their club win anything — to stand by and congratulate me for being quite so damn fortunate.

I don't fear Man City's team and I certainly don't fear the reaction of their fans if and when they are successful at some point. Despite the fact that I am not a gloater, plenty of people are and more than enough United fans will deserve every moment of stick that they get when City do eventually win something big. And if we keep on winning that will only make those achievements that bit more special, as in 06/07, not simply because we had gone a few years without winning after a period of becoming rather blasé about it all, but because it was against such an accomplished, well managed, and well funded team as Chelsea.

You could certainly argue that Man City, the club and its owners, won't really deserve that success, but I don't believe that you could say the same about their supporters.

Followed by.

fredthered

Some good points raised there.

The point is, we, as a club, have dominated for a long time, and that success brought wealth which increased our stranglehold on the game. Now others are doing it, and its a bit hypocritical to complain about what they are doing.

They are only doing what United have done in the past. Only on a greater scale. Can we complain when someone else takes over the mantle as richest club and uses that wealth to forge ahead of everyone else. Isnt that what we were doing for most of the 90s. Buying the best talent. Taking on youngsters with the promise of more than what anyone else could offer.

City are now doing what the other regular top 4 clubs have done in the past, and thats using their wealth to try steal a march on the others. United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all happen to have been the biggest spenders in the premiership era. No coincidence that they also happen to be the four most succesful teams in that same timespan.

We can woman about it killing the game, but thats no more than what other clubs accused us of doing in the past. Go ask any supporter of other premiership teams how United got their success. Most will say they bought it, just like CHelsea did. Just like Blackburn did, and to a lesser extent just what Arsenal did.

10 years ago you wouldnt ever see a cHelsea top in the high streets. Now they are everywhere. If City follow a similar path, then the same will happen there. And the more fans that start to support them, the more money they make, and the more they can afford to spend bigger. Just like Chelsea have done.

We have to face the reality that other clubs have followed our methods of the past, and are now using it against us. We are now going through what other clubs watched us doing. Using our money to its best advantage.

I completely agree it makes things more interesting, and should United overcome the challenge that is being set in our way, then its all hte more sweeter. What better way to get one over on them by beating them with a team that costs a fraction of what theirs did.

In a way its refreshing to be coming frm a position of weakness. Rather than going into each season expecting to win, its nice to know for once that to win the league we've got to do it when no one thinks we can..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.