Redcafe: The Bitterness Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions....

Having seen a topic on here regarding U@ds first premiership win I texted a rag and asked him how many home grown players they had that year.
Unbelieveably he said bryan "captain marvel" robson was. A 1.5 million record buy years before. As well as lee sharpe 200,000 record buy for yts lad from torquay. And old sparky who initally may have been but they had bought back from Barcelona. The only one he got was giggs.

When I looked it to it though fergie had obivously been building them up over the years but when they won it an incredible 8 players played over 40 games and they`d only used 17 players all season.

mancboy123 said:
I think if a bif of 12m goes in for ozil then it wont just be us putting in counter bids. There seems to be something mighty strange about him, he was top notch in the world cup and werder bremen have said they are willing to negotiate yet people arent beating down their door for him it just strikes me as odd!

You would probably get half of ozil for £12m, Werder would never sell him for that so you would have to lok deeper. They probably had some phone calls, said what they think he is worth and people have moved on

They were taling about Ozil at the poker table, the other week, and reckoned they could pick him up around £8 Mil if they waited til nearer the window ending as his contract runs out in a year!!

I'm like, so nobody else is going to bid, then??

Weird fookers, rags are!

Re: Redcafe: "Which is Worse"...Hilariously Bitter Thread

M18CTID said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
When we've finished being giddy, there's a large element of truth in this bit, at least for the moment.
I thought your name was Colin Savage, not Colin Shindler ;)
LOL & point taken! Perhaps I got a bit carried about the amount of truth in the statement. He forgets that times have changed somewhat and to bridge the gap between 10th & 5th and then to 4th or higher, requires mony to be spent.

The only team to really do what we've done in the last few years is Blackburn and their ground was hardly full of southern glory hunters. In fact it's hardly full of Blackburn people! And all the points I made in my open letter to Shindler are still valid.

Bitter Rag post of the day.

I don't know how you can possibly say that when none have played in the Premier League before. Balotelli is a hot-headed player, who certainly has the potential to be an extremely good one but there's no guarantee he will. Doubt Toure would force his way into our line-up, he'd be useful for our European Away games, but that's about it. And I'd actually take Carrick/Anderson/Fletcher as a trio and not replace any with Toure. That midfield 3 has shown it's quality on several occassions (Notably v Chelsea at SB). David Silva looks a promising talent, but again is he any better than what we've got? I'm not sure he is. The three players you mentioned are likely to cost City around £85m, without taking wages into consideration. Are they really worth that much? Not a cat in hell's chance. For £85m we've managed to get VDS, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, and Valencia. I know which set of players I'd take.

And Kolarov? Can't say I've ever seen him play much aside from the WC, so I'm not sure. But for a further £19m you'd be expecting a top talent.

As Allforone rightly says, to win any top competition these days you have to possess a quality defence and goalkeeper. Look at the recent Champions League and Premier League winners - all had a solid defence upon which success was achieved. They have a decent forward line, and if Balotelli and Silva fit in and realise their potential then it's one of the best, but they're not going to be able to save you every game, you need a strong defence for the times when you're forward line isn't clicking.

And Adebayor and Toure were sold by Arsenal for a reason, mainly because they're players who aren't going to win you titles. Toure was excellent back in the first couple of seasons for Arsenal, I'm not quite sure what happened. Adebayor started off well and then faded - the story of his career so far.

I look at the City squad and I see it has potential, and some good young players, but it's not a title winning team, and it's a team with a lot of ego's. Something which Mancini will struggle to control.

Their best and most consistent player last season for me was Bellamy, and he seems to have been frozen out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Darren Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick better than Yaya Toure and David Silva

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Mattyc55 said:

I don't know how you can possibly say that when none have played in the Premier League before. Balotelli is a hot-headed player, who certainly has the potential to be an extremely good one but there's no guarantee he will. Doubt Toure would force his way into our line-up, he'd be useful for our European Away games, but that's about it. And I'd actually take Carrick/Anderson/Fletcher as a trio and not replace any with Toure. That midfield 3 has shown it's quality on several occassions (Notably v Chelsea at SB). David Silva looks a promising talent, but again is he any better than what we've got? I'm not sure he is. The three players you mentioned are likely to cost City around £85m, without taking wages into consideration. Are they really worth that much? Not a cat in hell's chance. For £85m we've managed to get VDS, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, and Valencia. I know which set of players I'd take.

And Kolarov? Can't say I've ever seen him play much aside from the WC, so I'm not sure. But for a further £19m you'd be expecting a top talent.

As Allforone rightly says, to win any top competition these days you have to possess a quality defence and goalkeeper. Look at the recent Champions League and Premier League winners - all had a solid defence upon which success was achieved. They have a decent forward line, and if Balotelli and Silva fit in and realise their potential then it's one of the best, but they're not going to be able to save you every game, you need a strong defence for the times when you're forward line isn't clicking.

And Adebayor and Toure were sold by Arsenal for a reason, mainly because they're players who aren't going to win you titles. Toure was excellent back in the first couple of seasons for Arsenal, I'm not quite sure what happened. Adebayor started off well and then faded - the story of his career so far.

I look at the City squad and I see it has potential, and some good young players, but it's not a title winning team, and it's a team with a lot of ego's. Something which Mancini will struggle to control.

Their best and most consistent player last season for me was Bellamy, and he seems to have been frozen out.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
I agree with you laughing aout the Fetcher, Anderson and Carrick dig, but to be honest, he has a few good points as well.

malg said:
Mattyc55 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
I agree with you laughing aout the Fetcher, Anderson and Carrick dig, but to be honest, he has a few good points as well.

I find it amusing how quick these Rags and other supporters are in writing off our defence as "poor". We have two top quality goalkeepers, two very highly rated young full backs (one of whom outperformed any England defender at the WC in a position unfamiliar to him) and some quality young center backs. Im not saying a real top class leader isnt required, because if we could strengthen in one area than that would be it - but to totally disregard our defence is ridiculous. Rags make out as if they've got the best back 5 in the world, granted Vidic and Evra are quality, but would you take Rafael and Ratface over our right backs? And would you take Jonny Evans/Oshea over our center backs? I certainly wouldnt, because we all know that Weo is well and truly finished.

City have already spent more in the last few years then we have in our entire history. Same with Chelsea. At times we've been big spenders, sometimes very big, but never anything like the scale of those two. We also never paid significantly more, transfer wise, than our rivals. Our big advantage was wages, but even then the difference between ourselves and Arsenal/Liverpool/Leeds/Blackburn was never nearly as drastic.

The funny thing is that if we weren't in debt, with the money we now make, we could afford to match the cunts. Not that I think we would, their strategy is borderline insane, but their bank balance is effectively endless so what do they care.

That guy needs to
suicide.gif

Mattyc55 said:
malg said:

I find it amusing how quick these Rags and other supporters are in writing off our defence as "poor". We have two top quality goalkeepers, two very highly rated young full backs (one of whom outperformed any England defender at the WC in a position unfamiliar to him) and some quality young center backs. Im not saying a real top class leader isnt required, because if we could strengthen in one area than that would be it - but to totally disregard our defence is ridiculous. Rags make out as if they've got the best back 5 in the world, granted Vidic and Evra are quality, but would you take Rafael and Ratface over our right backs? And would you take Jonny Evans/Oshea over our center backs? I certainly wouldnt, because we all know that Weo is well and truly finished.

just to point out...last season Vidic missed over 65% of all game...rio over 80% ...they played together for 7 games all season ...

the threadbear defence at times comprised carrick and fletcher in CB roles..
and for the majority of the season the players you dismiised , oshea ( missing since dec) Evans, Raphael , neville fabio etc all contributed to THE BEST DEFENSIVE RECORD IN THE LEAGUE...so not bad , and certainly better than anyone elses...facts are facts

i see bitter number one is back
continuing the rag epidemic on our board
then again must be as boring as fuck constantly talking to taiwanese on rag cafe

hence they have kicked him off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.