Redemption for Robinho

alera said:
As far as I'm concerned, Robbie is a City player in name only. The Robbie who's taken to the field in recent games is not the same one from last season. Whatever's happened to him in the intervening time is something only he can say.
His heart is not at the club, his soul is not at the club, and his spirit is not at the club

Agree totally he should not play.

Give it a fucking rest! That first comment is absurd.

With Robinho these days I honestly dont know what to think. I hope he wouldnt do that but with the way he has performed and behaved I certainly can trust him in this game. Having watched the away games against Spurs and Everon recently where he was given a good opportunity to get himself back in the team and put in truley shocking performances I dont know what other conclusion to make.

We know he is a quality player, so when he plays that bad and puts in no effort what else are we meant to think ?

He was shocking in those recent away games so how can we assume he will turn it on in an even more hostile enviroment and difficult away game tonight which is much more important ?

Anyway I cant see any chance he will play tonight or even be on the bench Robinho and Santos are saying its a done deal and he will be back in Brazil by the end of the week if this is true or not hes clearly not in a fit state of mind to play in a game like this.

Hand on heart can people honestly trust him to play today and put in a decent shift ?
You do realise that Tevez, Bellamy, Benjani, Adebayor and Petrov were all just as bad as Robbie was in those 2 games. I reckon if Robbie finished the game at Everton more people might actually look at the whole teams faults rather than that of one player.

I've said it ten or so times now, away from home, against half decent sides, we don't keep the ball and that's why our attackers look so poor. We're never in a position to give them the ball around the opponents area and we're never in a position to provide support to said attackers when they get on the ball.

alera said:
In his last game he scored one and set one up. Your little witch hunt is pathetic

In fairness agaisnt a div 1 side and it was his first semi acceptable performance in 12 months. One swallow does not make a summer.

I honestly cant trust him to pay tonight this much is true, if its deliberate or he just doesnt try what is the difference ? This game is just too important, his attitude stinks, he clearly doesnt want to play for the club. He might not care that its our first chance of a cup final in 30 years but I certainly do.

Sorry if it upsets people I just cant trust him to play any part in this game, if others can fair play they are better men than me.

Really we should bury this and get on with the game tonight. Whatever people think and its clearly an immotive issue its gone too far in this and the other thread, I have had enough of talking about Robinho with such an important game tonight. So I will leave you all too it. As far as I am concerned I have wasted enough time talking about him.

lol, YOU can't trust him? Why even waste time thinking about it. MANCINI will decide if he is mentally right to play. What you think is irrelevant, if I were you I'd go and lie down in a dark room as your paranoia seems to be out of control.

Since coming to the club he's got a 1 in 3 record from out on the left, he's probably assisted quite a few goals too! This season he's been hampered by injury and a loss of confidence and form. The way the fans hve turned on him is a joke but then fans of our club have done this for as long as I can remember.

jay_mcfc said:
Since coming to the club he's got a 1 in 3 record from out on the left, he's probably assisted quite a few goals too! This season he's been hampered by injury and a loss of confidence and form. The way the fans hve turned on him is a joke but then fans of our club have done this for as long as I can remember.

Maybe a reason that some fans have turned on him is that he has the option of staying, getting his form back and fighting for his place in the team but seemingly would rather take the easy option of going back to Brazil.

Not really sure why people are trying to defend him after the events of the last few days however talented he may be.

PhuketBlue said:
Maybe a reason that some fans have turned on him is that he has the option of staying, getting his form back and fighting for his place in the team but seemingly would rather take the easy option of going back to Brazil.

Not really sure why people are trying to defend him after the events of the last few days however talented he may be.

The fans had turned on him long before the last few days!

jay_mcfc said:
PhuketBlue said:

The fans had turned on him long before the last few days!

A few maybe but I think most were behind him and were just hoping he would rediscover his form.

PhuketBlue said:
jay_mcfc said:

Not a question of defending him, if he has the shirt on Im right behind him, if he dosnt want to play for us I will drive him to the airport

bluem0ng said:
lol, YOU can't trust him? Why even waste time thinking about it. MANCINI will decide if he is mentally right to play. What you think is irrelevant, if I were you I'd go and lie down in a dark room as your paranoia seems to be out of control.

That's the problem with this place. He's just giving HIS opinion...not suggesting that this is what needs doing. If what people think is irrelevant then why are we even posting on this forum.

Unless of course you mean that's its only irrelevant if it's not the same as what you think ?

theres been a robinho witch hunt ever since he had a bad patch last season. its been obvious throughout his whole career that hes very sensitive and to be fair, not the strongest of characters. however on the pitch his ability is of the greatest around the world. man management didnt seem to be one of mark hughes strong points and i think that affected robinho last season. loss of form coupled with injury and a looming rape charge is a fair bit to deal with for someone of his character, especially in a foreign environment- no matter how much you get paid. the uk media, opposition fans have knocked him, and sadly a growing number of city fans have also joined in.

do people really blame him for wanting out? even if its just for half a season?

i personally would love him to stay, get fit and re capture his form, and also to prove to those who dont believe in him how good he is

BOBS_HEALTH said:
theres been a robinho witch hunt ever since he had a bad patch last season. its been obvious throughout his whole career that hes very sensitive and to be fair, not the strongest of characters. however on the pitch his ability is of the greatest around the world. man management didnt seem to be one of mark hughes strong points and i think that affected robinho last season. loss of form coupled with injury and a looming rape charge is a fair bit to deal with for someone of his character, especially in a foreign environment- no matter how much you get paid. the uk media, opposition fans have knocked him, and sadly a growing number of city fans have also joined in.

do people really blame him for wanting out? even if its just for half a season?

i personally would love him to stay, get fit and re capture his form, and also to prove to those who dont believe in him how good he is
*claps*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.