Reece James

Reece James is a fantastic Football player.He is not a prospect...he is the real deal now...and was back in the
Champions league cup final v Chelsea..those first 2o mins..Sterling playing left wing and attempting to drive inside the penalty area..James stood up to the task with defending of the highest order.Many many times Sterling drove inside the box or got to the byeline..often at full speed,James matched him step for step,knowing that any heavy touch/sloppy tackle would result in a penalty.....and brilliantly marshalled our winger ..
It's not comfortable viewing....but if you doubt me,take a look back at the 1st half footage of the match....
Trying to mark Sterling on either wing is a nightmare for defenders.

James stuck to his task.and succeeded.making many strong deliberate challenges, but without giving away any pens,just nicking the ball away time after time,or just being a formidable unit,blocking etc.
James showed not just speed and strength but great timing for his challenges.

It was one of the best Full back performances ive ever seen.
After the game...,thru blue eyes,it was all about Sterling shouldn't have started etc etc.....in my opinion the story was.......Reece James is a Top class Full back.

Not sure why there is this talk about Reece when we have two insanely good RBs at the club already..

Not sure why there is this talk about Reece when we have two insanely good RBs at the club already..
Might do with the fact that one of them turns 32 this month, and the other usually covers LB position (which needs reinforcements as well)

Might do with the fact that one of them turns 32 this month, and the other usually covers LB position (which needs reinforcements as well)

Can't see how we would / can drop big numbers on a position that is not a critical priority this summer

Not for me. Maybe it’s just Chelsea’s system that leaves the full backs with no one to pass to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.