Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Easy afternoon for Coote today. I can’t remember a league game with so few physical challenges and almost no contentious calls. The two bookings were merited and the VAR people should hand back their fees.
Easy game? two City players picked up knocks from late over physical challenges by the same player, yet he was blowing for utd players throwing themselves to the floor, this lack of parity which is happening in every game is why Pep got booked

The Bernardo decision was ridiculous & yet Bridges on commentary said it was an old fashioned shoulder barge….

He went through him from behind, blatant foul & a booking but noooooo.

Today was no different really, every touch on them was a foul
We only conceded 5 fouls, that must be bordering on a record for us.
Easy game in that he could spend 90% of the game in Sheffield's half between their penalty box and the edge of the centre circle
I bet he's never spent so much time in one half.

Easy game? two City players picked up knocks from late over physical challenges by the same player, yet he was blowing for utd players throwing themselves to the floor, this lack of parity which is happening in every game is why Pep got booked
There were 11 fouls in the whole game.

The only decision that was debatable was the Bernardo shove in the back/shoulder charge challenge that got Pep booked for complaining.

Players can get injured without being fouled.

There were 11 fouls in the whole game.

The only decision that was debatable was the Bernardo shove in the back/shoulder charge challenge that got Pep booked for complaining.

Players can get injured without being fouled.
players can, so Rodri picking up a hip knock from a challenge after the ball had gone, Grealish picking up a hip knock after the ball had gone were just unlucky, just like Walker fouling the young left back who was already going down so he could cover the ball is not debatable? The ref was shit because he was using two different parameters for deciding what was a foul, we were lucky that Utd are not a dirty team, and that we and the ball were kept well away from them.

players can, so Rodri picking up a hip knock from a challenge after the ball had gone, Grealish picking up a hip knock after the ball had gone were just unlucky, just like Walker fouling the young left back who was already going down so he could cover the ball is not debatable? The ref was shit because he was using two different parameters for deciding what was a foul, we were lucky that Utd are not a dirty team, and that we and the ball were kept well away from them.
Ok mate. Rodri finished the game, so not sure that was much of a knock.

Has Grealish’s injury been confirmed as a hip injury?

Today’s game was about as far away from a physical battle as you can get.

I do get that people have to call the ref names after each game, but this game in particular seems bizarre.

Ok mate. Rodri finished the game, so not sure that was much of a knock.

Has Grealish’s injury been confirmed as a hip injury?

Today’s game was about as far away from a physical battle as you can get.

I do get that people have to call the ref names after each game, but this game in particular seems bizarre.
Grealish probably went into the game with a hip injury he has been holding it for a while, the ref had little opportunity to influence the game, but he did not ref evenly, after Pep got booked he came to the side of the pitch to applaud sarcastically the ref getting a decision right.

Grealish probably went into the game with a hip injury he has been holding it for a while, the ref had little opportunity to influence the game, but he did not ref evenly, after Pep got booked he came to the side of the pitch to applaud sarcastically the ref getting a decision right.
Ok, so have we established that they didn5 injure any of our players now?

The ref didn’t do much today as there wasn’t much to judge.

I’m not sure who you are mean about sarcastically applauding, but if you meant Pep, surely the ref would have sent him off, given his bias?

The Bernardo decision was ridiculous & yet Bridges on commentary said it was an old fashioned shoulder barge….

He went through him from behind, blatant foul & a booking but noooooo.
I thought that at first, but watching the replays it's a close one for me.

Players get away with a prod in the back all the time, but in this case the defender has easily caught Bernardo by the time he makes the challenge, and is pretty much side on. It's impossible to know completely because of the frame rate of the videos, but just before the challenge, he has his arm in an L shape by his side, and the lower arm is ahead of Bernardo's body.

For me that makes it more likely a shoulder barge than a push in the back - but it's definitely not "going through him from behind".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.