Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Every time I watch European ref's there better than the British shite we see every week.

You’re not watching your average European refs in the Champions League though.

You’re watching the best referees from each league, hand picked to do the biggest games.

It would be extraordinary if there wasn’t a notable improvement from your average Champions League referee compared to the average from any individual league.

Who knows what the refs have been told to do this year, one minute they’re trying to let the game flow, turning a blind eye to reducers all over the pitch, the next they’re giving the softest free kicks & pens for blatant diving.
I thought Copenhagen got away with a few, & the foul on Bernardo could’ve been a red with a different ref, we’ve definitely had worse.

I think Clattenburg did a number on us years ago, should have had a pen then did we get a red. It’s a bit foggy but it stood out.
Yup I believe it was the aguerooo season at the bridge.. We were 1-0 up and David Silva was hacked down IIRC. We lost 2-1 I'm what looked like a critical loss at the time. I don't recall what happened at the season end - must have just fizzled out

Two of his three cards were for remonstrating, which I think always speaks volumes about the officials’ sensitivities.
On the plus side, when he did brandish a card, he did so with the panache of a petty policia official. All adds to the European theatre.
The brandishing of the cards screamed, “Look at my strength! Note the straightness of my arm and the way I hold the corner of the card with my thumb and index finger! I AM IN CONTROL HERE!!!”

HAHAHA!

Comical, aren’t they?!

Nothing irritates me more than a ref that lets the hard ankle challenges and late leg sweeps go, but then the minute someone complains, they have a hissy fit! WEAK!!!

So what do we think the refereeing team will be like tonight? I will make some predictions:

Less skillful team won't be allowed to kick more skillful team around the park
First yellow card for Copenhagen
No yellow card for Rodri
No yellow card for Guardiola
No controversial VAR decisions
No two minute delays for VAR offside calls
After the game we will be saying the ref was good, who was he?

And for the weekend:

Chelsea's cloggers will be allowed to kick City around the park
First yellow card for City
Yellow card for Rodri
Yellow card for Guardiola
Two controversial VAR decisions
Two minute delays for VAR offside calls
After the game we will be saying the ref was corrupt

I am giving myself 6 out of 7 after this. Five rights and two half rights (the first and last).

I am guessing I will get a full house at the weekend.

Thought he was OK, gave us quite a few free kicks where I thought we probably wouldn’t have got that in the Premier League, like Haaland being barged over twice. He did block quite a few of our passing channels though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.