Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Ive asked this question before and not got an answer… (people always think im having a go, im really not, im just really interested in peoples opinions on it)…

How do yiu think its bent?
Directions from above? I.e prem league bosses like masters instructing refs to not give/give certain decisions to certain teams?

Or is it referees taking bribes off betting syndicates , that sort of thing?
I think it's bent in the way teams are refereed! The LotG are not applied by each ref in the same way, and the way each ref applies them from one half to t'other! There are instances, many instances, where the LotG are totally ignored. You've only got to look at the shambles that has surrounded the 'handball' law over the last four or five seasons. It's got to the point where blatant handballs are not called and the ball grazing a hair or fingertip are called. Consistency has always been an issue but the refs have the control to be far more consistent than they are! I am left with the impression that there isn't a referee who isn't personally a miserable bastard and some referee that way. Yer'd get more consistency if the infringements were sorted out with a raffle.

Pep always says we have to be better we get no favours! On another day Haaland would have scored 2 of his 4/5 chances and we win the game comfortably. We win Tuesday we start another run of winning league games
Which is spot-on as a professionals' attitude to the game.

But it does not mean that we as supporters should ignore the blatant way in which the LOTG are applied differently to City compared with other clubs.

Yesterday the continual un-carded drip drip drip of fouls by Caicedo was made all the more astonishing when Silva was then booked in the 2nd half for his 1st offence.

Refs have good and bad games too though. He won’t have seen the handball and VAR seems to have been switched off by Webb.

I left the ground thinking about Haaland’s misses more than the referee, but obviously hadn’t seen any contentious decision back at that point.
Well, I'll turn up on Tuesday and hope the ref we have delivers his game of the season. I won't hold my breath, though!

Refs have good and bad games too though. He won’t have seen the handball and VAR seems to have been switched off by Webb.

I left the ground thinking about Haaland’s misses more than the referee, but obviously hadn’t seen any contentious decision back at that point.

I thought the same & I like that Pep also does. I don’t think it’s a bad point.

Ive asked this question before and not got an answer… (people always think im having a go, im really not, im just really interested in peoples opinions on it)…

How do yiu think its bent?
Directions from above? I.e prem league bosses like masters instructing refs to not give/give certain decisions to certain teams?

Or is it referees taking bribes off betting syndicates , that sort of thing?
Instructions from above I think.

I used to watch my lad play rugby alongside a premier League ref. No names but you can work it out.
I was giving him some gentle stick about sending SWP off the day before, and he was defending the decision, all very amicably.

Then he got a phone call and moved away to take it. When he came back he was furious and told me the "powers that be" had told him to reverse it so the card was rescinded. He said the reason was something to do with "ongoing negotiations" or some such, nothing to do with the decision itself. Then in the media it said he'd changed his mind on seeing the video. That was total bollox.

was at the game but just watched the walker one on motd there is no way liverpool or utd dont get that awarded
Maybe - but I don't think it's a penalty.

Imagine Walker as the defender, and Sterling the attacker. You'd 100% expect a foul against Walker.

Walker is slightly behind Sterling, he's the one further from the ball, stretches, isn't close to getting a touch on the ball, and trips Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.