Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

So it is now OK for a ref to decide which rules/laws he wants to follow. What if I had £100 on 7-2 or twenty on a goal on the 94th minute.
A ref cannot pick and choose when he wants to go home
So he plays 3 mins stoppage time say, we score a 7th so you are really happy. But then Kev goes for the ball, falls awkward, fucks his knee and is out for the season. All good cause you won a few quid, but seriously dents our run in. You still happy with the extra time when the match was effectively over??

As a blue I was quite happy he blew straight away.

FA Cup games are always refereed to a slightly different standard to league games.

Don’t ask me why but it’s been the case for as long as I can remember.

If the same two teams were playing in the league on Saturday , with the same referee, the spread on number of bookings would be far higher than in the cup game.

None in City’s game. None, until extra time in the Newcastle game. None last night in the Coventry game.

I once read that it’s because they’re not automatically assessed in cup games, as they are the league. But I’ve absolutely no idea if there’s any truth in that.

Maybe they feel they’re given a bit more leeway for that ‘common sense’ approach that people are always crying out for? Rather than sticking to the absolute letter of the law. That might explain the zero injury time also.

FA Cup games are always refereed to a slightly different standard to league games.

Don’t ask me why but it’s been the case for as long as I can remember.

If the same two teams were playing in the league on Saturday , with the same referee, the spread on number of bookings would be far higher than in the cup game.

None in City’s game. None, until extra time in the Newcastle game. None last night in the Coventry game.

I once read that it’s because they’re not automatically assessed in cup games, as they are the league. But I’ve absolutely no idea if there’s any truth in that.

Maybe they feel they’re given a bit more leeway for that ‘common sense’ approach that people are always crying out for? Rather than sticking to the absolute letter of the law. That might explain the zero injury time also.
The difference was noticeable tonight.

What are they assessed for every PL game that's different to a cup match?

How many times did haaland get fouled tonight the ref was a fucking joke as usual
It was quite ridiculous. At one point Taylor watched as Haaland was stopped from moving and gave the arm for advantage once there want one.

Different gravy.

The difference was noticeable tonight.

What are they assessed for every PL game that's different to a cup match?

I don’t know if they are mate.

There was a discussion a few years ago on a forum after there had been a full round of cup games, with an average of less than one booking per game.

Someone claimed that in the league they were assessed in every game, which effectively would decide where their career would go. So it was letter of the law all the way, so as not to get marked down.

He said in cup games that wouldn’t be the case. And there was just a general acceptance amongst referees that they let more go and were more lenient with the cards, as a result.

But I’ll reiterate, I have no idea if any of that is actually true. Although all the evidence seems to suggest it might well be.

Taylor clearly was instructed to show no yellows as FA cup is THE traditional cup of gentlemen playing fairplay. Sports politics. IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.