Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Just ventured over to BBC hys and the praise this ref is getting from neutral fans tells you how bad premier league refs are.
Seems we all want our game back, proper football without the dramatics.
Was reading that HYS and they normally are a cess pit of knuckle draggers talking broken biscuits but was amazed how many commented how good the Ref was.

Especially all the ABU's that have become ABC's

Tchouameni’s booking in the first minute was courageous. He knew what he was doing and gambled that he wouldn’t get a card, especially as the ref would know that a card would rule him out of the next leg. It was a deliberate foul, designed to test the referee from the start and set the pattern for the evening, with Real calling the shots. He called their bluff and faced them down.
Was about to post similar. Brave decision from the ref, set the tone for the rest of the game. If Alty Ant did the same against Arsenal we’d have walked that game.

Indeed the ref was a breath of fresh air to anything I had to witness over the years in the PL. He never let himself down by giving in to these diving moaning lot in white, led by Bellingham.
When Bernardo got a yellow card I jumped up only to be told to sit down and watch the replay as the ref hadn’t made many mistakes up untill than. And again he was right. I blamed the PL refs to excuse myself.

Indeed the ref was a breath of fresh air to anything I had to witness over the years in the PL. He never let himself down by giving in to these diving moaning lot in white, led by Bellingham.
When Bernardo got a yellow card I jumped up only to be told to sit down and watch the replay as the ref hadn’t made many mistakes up untill than. And again he was right. I blamed the PL refs to excuse myself.
I don’t see the PL officials as ref’s anymore, they’ve been influencers of the entertainment for some time now.

Excellent ref apart from not booking Bellend or Jude as the TV kept calling him. Also despite four subs, three goals and a Foden injury only four minutes added on. Compare that with a PL ref who would have added on probably double the amount.

Same referee as the Super Cup game versus Seville. I feel sorry for referees sometimes. It's like refereeing a bunch of petulant children.
He had a very good game there too.

He should have booked Bellingham even after the whistle and that right back like a push on Jack every time he'd passed the ball but best performance in a game this season.

So far with very few exceptions the CL refs have been head & shoulders above the Prem ones.

NB the Arse one yesterday had a mare not giving Bayern a second pen tho.

He had a very good game there too.

He should have booked Bellingham even after the whistle and that right back like a push on Jack every time he'd passed the ball but best performance in a game this season.

So far with very few exceptions the CL refs have been head & shoulders above the Prem ones.

NB the Arse one yesterday had a mare not giving Bayern a second pen tho.
I'm sure the Real Madrid fans are peeved that he never sent off Akanji, but I think a second yellow card would have been harsh. It was a game that was never physically dirty, more legs coming together when players were running at pace, and a couple of cynical ones, but I suppose when teams don't go down the overly physical route, then petulance and feigning take over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.