Ref Watch

Goalkicks - I checked a few from the start (I know, I know.. I'm a sad git..!).. of those I checked, the quickest play restarted from the moment the ball went out was 29 seconds.

Head Injury Stoppages - we were all gobsmacked when the Newcastle lad collided with Ake and the idiot refereeing today allowed play to carry on for some time while the player was left in a heap on the floor, looking genuinely and seriously hurt. In contrast, the first half stoppage for the other Newcastle lad was immediate and for a leg injury (or was it a repair to his pedicure? he was soon gambolling around like a fawn after 'treatment'.. job done, City's breakaway attack halted!)

I can't recall seeing this season a refereeing performance I'd rate as adequate, either home or away. The standard overall is poor and getting poorer. It's hard enough to overcome the opposition as it is but with refereeing performances like this one today we really are going to be up against it trying to retain the title during the run-in..
That lad in the challenge with Ake didnt get a head injury, im fact nothing actually happened beyond maybe him bumping his shin against Ake

I'd love to know why the ref blew to stop the game every time a Newcastle player went down. The ball was about 30yrds away from Joelinton and he sat on the floor rubbing his ankle and the ref stopped the game?
Same for Bruno.

Fucking bizarre
That stoppage allowed Newcastle to regroup when we were well on top.

It was utterly bizarre.

Ref today stopped play two or three times when the Newcastle player went down for some leg injury or other. He let everyone play on when there was a head injury.
He blew his whistle telling Ederson to get a move on when we were two up yet didn't bother when they took about 20 secs with each goal kick.
Thought it was cheeky as fuck how he was watching Eddie like a hawk, blowing his whistle and motioning him to take the first goal kick after we went 2 up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.