Ref Watch

The inconsistency with the referees is really hindering the sport. I understand that there will always be a subjective element to decision making, but it seems every week we are watching different referees judging identical situations differently.

I watched a match last week when the ref blew the half time whistle as a side had just won a corner. The attacking side felt aggrieved but technically the time was up. Then you look at the Arsenal game today which was totally different.

There was a foul on KDB today when he was wiped out after crossing the ball. The ref simply told him to get up. Yet, when we played Arsenal they got a penalty for a similar incident.

I watched Dias get booked and a Wolves player get sent off for apparently being the third man around a ref, yet it happened multiple times in multiple games since with no punishments.

I watched Eddie get booked for time wasting in the first half against Arsenal but never seen an opposition keeper at the Etihad face the same punishment.

They’ve also managed to implement VAR in the most useless manner possible that you have to question whether it is simply incompetence or something more sinister.
They need to make refs face the cameras post match to explain their reasonings for the decisions they give. It will never ever happen though and we all know why.

Endless amount of tactical time waster by Newcastle and no signs of today’s ref pulling them up for it. Pope does it every game, then at least three faked food injuries that were just to break up momentum. Their bluff needs called, and they should have to stay off for the same length of time they have stopped play for.

Endless amount of tactical time waster by Newcastle and no signs of today’s ref pulling them up for it. Pope does it every game, then at least three faked food injuries that were just to break up momentum. Their bluff needs called, and they should have to stay off for the same length of time they have stopped play for.

Joelington went down rubbed his ankle around the 8th minute ref stopped the game

Goalkicks - I checked a few from the start (I know, I know.. I'm a sad git..!).. of those I checked, the quickest play restarted from the moment the ball went out was 29 seconds.

Head Injury Stoppages - we were all gobsmacked when the Newcastle lad collided with Ake and the idiot refereeing today allowed play to carry on for some time while the player was left in a heap on the floor, looking genuinely and seriously hurt. In contrast, the first half stoppage for the other Newcastle lad was immediate and for a leg injury (or was it a repair to his pedicure? he was soon gambolling around like a fawn after 'treatment'.. job done, City's breakaway attack halted!)

I can't recall seeing this season a refereeing performance I'd rate as adequate, either home or away. The standard overall is poor and getting poorer. It's hard enough to overcome the opposition as it is but with refereeing performances like this one today we really are going to be up against it trying to retain the title during the run-in..
In the Arsenal Game Taylor had the card out at about 18-20 seconds from Ederson placing the ball for the free kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.