Ref Watch

That's not why he was sent off, it was because he stopped a goal, that is a red, and he seemed to flick his elbow at the ball to do so to me, clear handball, and red by the rules. I'm assuming you mean willian ?
I watched the incident on Hoofoot and I got the impression that he moved his hand in to his side as the ball struck him. If he had left his arm up in the air it would have hit him in the chest. So my analysis is that he was deemed to have moved his hand to the ball so the decision was correct.

Honestly, when you hear comments from the likes of Dermot how can anyone not think the alleged bias as a minimum towards certain clubs exists or at worst, the game is utterly bent?

Mitrovic and Fernandez incidents are exactly the same. Both angry at decisions, both screaming at an official and both our hands on yet only one is sanctioned and only one will get the book thrown at them and only one has these bent counts desperately making excuses for him.

Honestly, when you hear comments from the likes of Dermot how can anyone not think the alleged bias as a minimum towards certain clubs exists or at worst, the game is utterly bent?

Mitrovic and Fernandez incidents are exactly the same. Both angry at decisions, both screaming at an official and both our hands on yet only one is sanctioned and only one will get the book thrown at them and only one has these bent counts desperately making excuses for him.
Fernández wasn't as bad to be honest but he has still got away with it big time, he wasn't punished and lo and behold 2 weeks later a similar incident happens albeit it on a more aggressive scale, if goofy was punished first would the Mitrovic incident have happened ? I very much doubt it...

I fully support an extended ban for aggression towards the referee. But this situation with Mitrovic makes an absolute mockery of the Fernandez situation a fortnight ago.

It has to be one rule for all, and the difference in reporting, action and outrage is clear for all to see.

Be interesting to see if Mitrovic cites the Fernandez incident in his defence...oh wait, no it won't seeing as though it will be an fa panel who are accountable only to the fa, premier league and major partners.

Fernández wasn't as bad to be honest but he has still got away with it big time, he wasn't punished and lo and behold 2 weeks later a similar incident happens albeit it on a more aggressive scale, if goofy was punished first would the Mitrovic incident have happened ? I very much doubt it...
Doesn't matter how bad you think the Rat Face incident was. There was a line, which he crossed. You simply cannot lay a hand on an official.

They spent a large part post-VAR defining decisions being 'black and white' - handball is a handball, offside is offside, even going to the lengths of a hair's distance to decide what's an infringement.

Somehow when it comes to the Rags, things that are black and white become grayer.

Mitrovic was a lot more aggressive and deserved his red card, fernadez should of got at least a yellow, he's a gobby ratfaced fucker always whinging at the refs and his own players, horrible ****
Red for Fernandez all day long, at least the obligatory 3 game ban. He put his hands on the assistant and regardless of 'provocation' that's a no no.

If player A attempts to hurt player B rather than play the ball and player B punches him, it's an automatic 3 game ban for player B at least. They don't allow him a free hit because player A 'started it'.

A (very) long piece in the Guardian on PL refereeing. It contains little new other than its interesting to hear their perspective. It deals with VAR but I felt it was a very insular view and even with the appointment of Webb there is no effort to learn from other sports to improve. Lots on football as a subjective sport so not every decision is black and white. Notwithstanding that its worth a read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.