Ref Watch

A (very) long piece in the Guardian on PL refereeing. It contains little new other than its interesting to hear their perspective. It deals with VAR but I felt it was a very insular view and even with the appointment of Webb there is no effort to learn from other sports to improve. Lots on football as a subjective sport so not every decision is black and white. Notwithstanding that its worth a read.

There's a sentence in this article that says "Most referees maintain a distance of about 15 metres", 15 metres from what? The play, the ball, the fowl ? That is bollocks and would love to know, how a ref knows, where a fowl is going to happen to maintain his 15 metre distance

There's a sentence in this article that says "Most referees maintain a distance of about 15 metres", 15 metres from what? The play, the ball, the fowl ? That is bollocks and would love to know, how a ref knows, where a fowl is going to happen to maintain his 15 metre distance

The article actually answers all of the questions you’ve asked and explains why 15 metres is considered to be roughly the optimum position for a referee to be away from the action.

I had many discussions with Alan Harper’s ‘Tash, if that’s who you mean.

I think you’re overestimating my commitment to do whatever it is that would achieve, if you think I’m going to be firing up two devices and chatting away to myself in a thread.
Phone and lap top, dead easy.
I'm also Mad Eyed Screamer, everyone else who was offered it refused as they coukdnt stand the Smiths.

Just finished reading Clattenburgs book. Whilst most of it is a complete work of fiction in the final chapter he says VAR should be scaled back & refs have become over reliant on it. I agree with this.
However, he then says the new handball law helps defenders????? Not sure about that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.