Ref Watch

If anyone wants an example of how officials can fix a match in the premier league, watch back the Spurs-Brighton match in full.

If I were at Brighton, I would be drafting an official complaint to the league to be submitted simultaneously to a public statement posted on the official site regarding the referee and VAR performance in that match.

Their manager was sent off (and will likely be fined) for calling out the blatant corruption that lead to Spurs winning a game they likely should have won 1-3. Managers of non-cash cow clubs are starting to see how certain clubs are aided to their team’s detriment and the league are trying to keep them quiet via punishment (and threat of more severe consequences).

If anyone wants an example of how officials can fix a match in the premier league, watch back the Spurs-Brighton match in full.

If I were at Brighton, I would be drafting an official complaint to the league to be submitted simultaneously to a public statement posted on the official site regarding the referee and VAR performance in that match.

Their manager was sent off (and will likely be fined) for calling out the blatant corruption that lead to Spurs winning a game they likely should have won 1-3. Managers of non-cash cow clubs are starting to see how certain clubs are aided to their team’s detriment and the league are trying to keep them quiet via punishment (and threat of more severe consequences).
Bang on

Thanks for the heads up, will have a look. They need to be called out every time.

Thanks for the heads up, will have a look. They need to be called out every time.

I keep banging on about why players and managers don't call out the officials, So what if I get a fine or ban for speaking the truth, the video replays will back you up because the officials are so bent its so easy to see,

the Rashford offside goal in the derby Pep should have taken the players off and demanded the goal crossed off.
also, it was so easy to see how the officials work when the linesman was flagging everything offside when city attacked, but kept his flag down when United attacked, twice Foden was given offside and both were so close it would have taken VAR to sort them out,

The disallowed goal was right to be ruled out as there was a deflection from Mac Allister's hand and even though unintentional it doesn't matter where a goal is scored. Another reason that the law is an ass as it wasn't intended for something like that but it was correct according to the LotG. Brighton definitely should have had a penalty though for the trip by Hoijberg and that would've given them the chance to go 2-1 up. Even if the referee didn't see it then VAR should've picked that one up and there really is no excuse not to give it. Shocking decision.

The disallowed goal was right to be ruled out as there was a deflection from Mac Allister's hand and even though unintentional it doesn't matter where a goal is scored. Another reason that the law is an ass as it wasn't intended for something like that but it was correct according to the LotG. Brighton definitely should have had a penalty though for the trip by Hoijberg and that would've given them the chance to go 2-1 up. Even if the referee didn't see it then VAR should've picked that one up and there really is no excuse not to give it. Shocking decision.
They also had a goal disallowed for a “handball” by Mitoma that by the current rules is not a handball (not to mention the Spurs player behind him pushed him in the back right before the ball arrived, so the only reason the ball struck his shoulder was because of a foul worthy of a penalty).

And based on the replay of the MacAllister handball, I am still not convinced it actually hits his arm at all. I think they decided it did to rule it out.

Last edited:
This City match I've just watched, why was it played at an Aldi version of Billy Smarts Circus ?
The Ring Master had to stand in for the clowns

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.