Ref Watch

Another one of those VAR selected freeze frames where the ball was static [no blur] before Tront had even touched the ball / pulled the trigger, yet many times City freeze frames are selected when the ball has left the foot [blurry] of the City player.
Too often people just look at the static image of the players position, and never analyse the position of the ball. More often than not there are discrepancies with our tight offside calls in that it appears they have 'carefully' selected the frame to give the desired outcome.

I think as a fan base we have summarised it quite well, probably could have had a booking before he did but Gakpo carried on (if he had gone down it would have been a yellow) and then rightly booked and then a potential second booking not given.

I believe a few things went in his favour, Fabinho not being booked, close proximity to the first booking and that it would be a second booking.

It was the right decision not to send off, but I can understand why Liverpool players asked the question and imagine if it was Fabinho we would have been shouting for a red from the stands.

Gakpo and Fabinho possibly should have had a yellow, but some games are reffed differently and I think this ref didn’t want to be too card happy.

You are Peter Walton and I claim my £5

Rodri booked for holding. It fits the requirements of the LotG. But why do refs not award penalties twenty times a game for the holding, wrestling, impeding attackers and blatant fouling when a corner is taken?

Because ever since anyone can remember there has always been a higher bar applied for fouls inside the opposition penalty area than outside it.

It’s not covered in the laws of the game obviously but it’s common sense and I think the majority of players and fans accept it.

Nobody wants to see every game turned into a penalty shoot out.

Absolutely no reason the PL cannot do this, making it available to those in attendance on the day and watching at home on TV. The officiating radio comms are already being sent directly to the main broadcast rights holders (the commentators can literally hear it for VAR reviews).

They choose not to do it.

Re the referee vs the dippers …. I was somewhat concerned by his erratic first half performance and very concerned about him losing control in the second half.

Thankfully City made him redundant by scoring two goals early on and our overall play overwhelmed the dippers.

All refs are biased to some extent and “all “ we have to do is keep scoring goals.

Come on City

Absolutely no reason the PL cannot do this, making it available to those in attendance on the day and watching at home on TV. The officiating radio comms are already being sent directly to the main broadcast rights holders (the commentators can literally hear it for VAR reviews).

They choose not to do it.

Too many "Fuck it, it's only City" conversations would be picked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.