Ref Watch

I thought Oliver had a terrible game last night, how Partey didn't get a second yellow when he rugby tackled Haaland was shocking. However I don't think a penalty was clear, Partey planted his foot next to the ball and Kev kicked him as he was trying to shoot. There were many instances where Oliver gave Arsenal favouritism last night, and it might be unpopular, but I can see why he didn't award a penalty.
Spoken like someone that doesn’t understand the game at its most basic level. KDB went to kick the ball into the net. Partey saw this was about to occur and with no attempt to play the ball put his leg in the path of KDB. A penalty all day long

Last edited:
Everything he did last night was shit and bent. Just watching now as we have a free kick and Jesus is standing 2 yards away and right in front of the ball, and the cheat rather than tell Jesus to get 10 yards (which is a clear rule) he tells us to hurry the duck up. CHEATING CUNTING ****

Oliver's a coward but half decent.

Attwell's brave and will give decisions but is either incompetent or corrupt, I'm unsure which.

No they're both shite and possibly corrupt. I can't think of a decent ref to be honest and some of the var decisions this season have been atrocious, not just for is but other teams, Brighton in particular.

Just watched it again on City+, the commentary for the penalty is as follows, from 8:12:
" Ramsdale's spilt it, De Bruyne's brought down, penalty!.. no, what's Michael Oliver given? What's he given Michael Oliver?... Well it looked like a foul on De Bruyne, what's he given Michael Oliver?...He's given a free kick to Arsenal and not a penalty to City. Well I am not sure what he thinks has just happened there? Andy?... It's looks as though he's insinuating De Bruyne has... stepped across..., yeh... I can see Partey has just got his foot in there, and De Bruyne's has...yes I can see why, but initially, yeh, I can see it's the right decision, and in fact it's a very, very good decision because you can see the initial thought is penalty, and I think everyone of us thought it was, but, looking at it, he's correct...Well in reality what happened was De Bruyne went to hit the ball into the back of the net, after Ramsdale's spilt it, Partey came in to stop De Bruyne, De Bruyne's took a swing to where he thought the ball was and kicked Partey, and the two of them then fell over. So it is one of those where Michael Oliver has the gut instinct that it was the attacker that caused the collision, rather than the defensive midfielder, and it's the reason Andy felt it wasn't a penalty, "

I still think Oliver was very biased to Arsenal, but unfortunately I have to agree with the City commentary on the early penalty.

Last edited:
Everything he did last night was shit and bent. Just watching now as we have a free kick and Jesus is standing 2 yards away and right in front of the ball, and the cheat rather than tell Jesus to get 10 yards (which is a clear rule) he tells us to hurry the duck up. CHEATING CUNTING ****

He was awful from minute one. I noticed when Arsenal scored he was lecturing Ederson for holding onto the ball or some shit. He also blew the whistle for us to hurry up a couple of times. It's a pity the **** and his mates don't do the same when we have to suffer ninety minutes of the same from the opposition every week.

The view from behind is most damning to me - he just takes KDB out

The view from behind is probably what olivar saw from his position, not sure as cant see him in the clip, but it really was a shocking decision. No wonder we were singing " your not fit to referee "
But probably booked his cup final gig last night.

Like Twattenburg has admitted to previously, I suppose Oliver had a game plan, well I hope we fcucked that up for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.