Ref Watch

I would be interested to see it again from multiple angles, but I am just trying to be fair at that one incident, as I saw it last night, Kev seemed to kick the planted foot of Partey but I would like to see it again if you disagree, perhaps I missed something?
Yes watch it again and I guarantee you will change your mind.

I would be interested to see it again from multiple angles, but I am just trying to be fair at that one incident, as I saw it last night, Kev seemed to kick the planted foot of Partey but I would like to see it again if you disagree, perhaps I missed something?

The view from behind is most damning to me - he just takes KDB out

Just different views mate, I thought Kev’s foot moved towards the ball, Partey as the defender missed the ball and kicked Kev’s foot, that’s certainly how I saw it

Just woke up, smiling ear-to-ear realising again that we absolutely demolished those Arse twats…

But then the fury over that blatantly corrupt performance from Oliver (specifically before we went up 2-0) came flooding back.

The club needs to call it out before our next match, otherwise I can see it happening again.

The league are desperate to keep Arsenal in this to the final day and will likely continue to use the referees to try to influence results.

I thought Oliver had a terrible game last night, how Partey didn't get a second yellow when he rugby tackled Haaland was shocking. However I don't think a penalty was clear, Partey planted his foot next to the ball and Kev kicked him as he was trying to shoot. There were many instances where Oliver gave Arsenal favouritism last night, and it might be unpopular, but I can see why he didn't award a penalty.

Yeah, I agree that was his reasoning - just not sure he was right. He's basically shielding the ball - but doing that you need to be in playing distance of it. I'm not totally sure he was. If it's out of reach it's a pen. If not, yeah Kev basically kicked him.

Edit - watching that vid now he is in playing distance, I can understand from the side view why Oliver would think that it wasn't a pen. However the view from behind looks like he's gone flying past the ball to take Kev out. This is one where VAR sits on the fence, but ideally they should send the ref to have a look so he can see the other angle and make a genuine decision either way with that knowledge.

But he basically did a typical Michael Oliver and took the decision that would impact the game the least considering it was very early in the match. It's what he always does early on.

Definitely a pen from Partey on KDB and classic lack of yellows for opposition players.

I do think that Dias was lucky to not be sent off - it was foolish, gave the officials opportunity to produce a red as retaliation is always viewed as worse etc - but I can see why it was a yellow. White kicked him on the ground and looks like he raked his ankle, which for some reason wasn't an issue.

However, Clattenburg thinks it was just a yellow and he doesn't know shit

One of those times that you just don't need to give the ref an excuse to produce a card. Silly of Dias to retaliate.

Its probably been said many times, but the ref last night was shocking. I dont think it was an agenda on his part just pure incompetence. Name any other profession where you can perform so badly and face no form of retribution (warning, sacking, performance review etc).
That aside absolutely fantastic game to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.