Ref Watch

Andy Morrison was the City Ambassador/commentator who was trying to fairly describe what had actually happened. Like he said, initially it looked a penalty.

I think if the teams had been reversed and say Jesus had kicked Dias with his feet planted next to the ball there wouldn't be a cry for a penalty?

I try to be fair and reasonable giving my views, I am not a big fan of Oliver and I think he dislikes us and usually gives the opposition the benefit of any doubt, but in this case, sadly I think he was right.
See above.

No attempt to play the ball, he has stopped kdb from kicking the ball
100% penalty for any other team in the league
Same as the penalty at the emirates was 100% not a penalty for any other team is playing
That's a
It is a nailed on penalty.

Any of our players doing what Partey did to one of theirs anywhere on pitch would be given as foul (as it should).

That is running in, perpendicular to the attacking players movement, to blocking their leg to prevent a run/shot, which is always a foul.

IMG-3433.gif
Wow, having seen it a second time, I really don't see how anyone can defend Oliver in this situation. No contact with ball, he clearly and intentionally plays Kevin and fouls him. Doesn't matter whether he was trying to block or shield Kevin from the ball. There's no rule saying that you can foul someone as long as you're trying to block them. That's a pen.

Too early in the game to give City a stonewall pen and too late in the game to send Partey off, that should be our end of season VHS/DVD title
"Not enough in that" I kept hearing the female commentator on BT saying and pretty sure have heard her saying it many times before in matches where decisions have not went city's way. Must be her go to phrase for glossing over city injustices.

Regards the penalty shout, Partey clearly isn't playing the ball but is he allowed shield it for the keeper? To me though, he lunges towards KDB so I'm inclined to think excessive and therefore penalty.

I thought Oliver was very one sided. Amazing to think Arsenal had only 1 booking and this for when Partey lost his rag with Grealish

It is a nailed on penalty.

Any of our players doing what Partey did to one of theirs anywhere on pitch would be given as foul (as it should).

That is running in, perpendicular to the attacking players movement, to block their leg to prevent a run/shot, with no intention to play the ball (only Ramsdale and Kev were even in a position to do that), which is always a foul.

IMG-3433.gif

I agree now.

I wasn't sure and I agree with the ref guys about their reasoning and thought Partey got his foot down and Kev kicks him. However I missed that in putting his foot down, Partey takes out Kev's standing foot. I'd say this is probably marginally prior to Kev kicking him, so a pen.

It's one that var should have had Oliver check, regardless of whether it changed his mind or not.

I honestly think Oliver got that call right. Kev actually kicked Partey. I think a few on here need to remove their blinkers. The only thing he got seriously wrong was not giving Partey a 2nd yellow.

Been on a few Arsenal forums and they are all saying he favoured City
what the actual fuck do they teach you at referee school

At no point did KDB have possession. The ball was free, Partey got to within playing distance of the ball first and KDB kicks him. If Partey was not within instant playing distance, then it's no lo ger a shield, but a trip.
these part time refs are like full time refs fucking clueless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.