Ref Watch

fuck me i haven't seen that picture before, however the expert refs on here will be on telling us ,not a foul , i don't think there is anything worse than people who argue that black is white, @richardtheref , you've seen the picture, seen what 99% of posters on here have seen now
It does make you wonder what some people watch. Its as clear a foul as you will ever see.

Just like the Rashford incident, the Ederson pen at Arsenal and now this Partey one. Decisions you will never see anywhere else in the league!!

It was a split second decision and there are people who would give it either way 2 days later so not one for VAR or complaining about. The best thing would have been to play-on given hindsight the ref doesn't get.

How is Partey’s 6 studs impacting Kev’s ankle first debatable? Its clearly shown below.

Its clearly an awful call by both the ref and the var!

Attachments

• D86EA8E3-9B67-45CE-B25A-C5E9BDE49F33.jpeg
    D86EA8E3-9B67-45CE-B25A-C5E9BDE49F33.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
How is Partey’s 6 studs impacting Kev’s ankle first debatable? Its clearly shown below.

Its clearly an awful call by both the ref and the var!
That’s not what the photo shows though. At that angle Parteys foot might be a foot away. See the screenshot I posted for more accurate picture of the situation.

No idea what either of you are watching. Bizarre thought process! 6 studs planted in Kev’s ankle!
I believe the screenshot you chose and your description are potentially misleading. The photo is taken from behind and shows Partey's boot moving. From looking at all the angles multiple times as freeze frames, I believe Partey doesn't actually 'plant any studs into Kev’s ankle ' but he plants his foot in the space between Kev’s feet and his studs are in the ground as the photo attached.

Partey seems to be trying to shield the ball and is kicked by Kevin, I can understand both sides, either: a legitimate attempt to shield the ball, or an unfair interference by Partey and therefore a penalty.

The incident is very quick and a very close call and could have gone either way. it demonstrates what a difficult job VAR can have, when it's being discussed days later! It's important to respect other posters this is not necessarily a black or white call and it depends on your interpretation.

PenaltyKevParty.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.