Ref Watch

And that is why the rule is bollocks. I don't like when a goal is disallowed when someone is a mm offside when everyone with the naked eye thought it was on, and I don't like it when an offside is over-ruled for a mm when everyone with the naked eye thought it was off.

The pretence that it can possibly work to one mm with any degree of certainty is just staggering to me.
I get what you are saying, but sometimes enthusiastic/blind/dodgy linesmen have given blatant wrong calls, in the past, that have been so infuriating! Most officials these days seem to want us to lose, at least there's a higher degree of accountability?

I could imagine us being stitched up much more if it wasn't there? But I do accept we have also lost something eg when goals are scored can't fully celebrate sometimes!

Edit: Also it can depend what angle you view the incident from eg :
Screenshot_20230428-111842_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I get what you are saying, but sometimes enthusiastic/blind/dodgy linesmen have given blatant wrong calls, in the past, that have been so infuriating! Most officials these days seem to want us to lose, at least there's a higher degree of accountability?

I could imagine us being stitched up much more if it wasn't there? But I do accept we have also lost something eg when goals are scored can't fully celebrate sometimes!

View attachment 77035
Perfect angle

Funny how the ref and VAR couldn't wait to give the tarquins a penalty at the Emirates when their forward clattered into Eddy..

1-0 to us at the time as I recall..

Of course everything is fair and above board, the cheating ****s..!

That pen was promised by Webb as part of his apology to Arsenal for yet another refereeing blunder on his watch at Brentford.

View attachment 77035
not seen that picture before, watching on telly he looked 2 foot offside

Perfect angle

The perfect angle is cross-pitch, ie where the linesman is standing.

I take the point that if there is no VAR and no accountability, it may be easier to influence outcomes, but that is why a really independent performance assessment and a proper level of accountability is part of the solution.

The perfect angle is cross-pitch, ie where the linesman is standing.

I take the point that if there is no VAR and no accountability, it may be easier to influence outcomes, but that is why a really independent performance assessment and a proper level of accountability is part of the solution.
Perfect angle to see that goal as it looks off side with cross pitch angle you mention

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.