Ref Watch

I don't think they gave a red for this to even up the red that Skipp should have had in the first half ?
I think skipp was less of a red and could go one way or the other, it’s not particularly high nor was it with any real power and it glanced off of the ball.

I don't think they gave a red for this to even up the red that Skipp should have had in the first half ?
I have seen the Skipp challenge in the first half and I think, objectively, it is pretty different to this one. His was just a little late and accidental. It’s an ‘orange card’.

Where as Jota could see Skipp all the way and still put his boot above his own shoulders and went through Skipp’s face. It is a very clear red.

Reckon Jota’s challenge was payback, actually. Which also makes it worse, for me.

Can any of the amateur refs on here explain why Tierney only gave Jota a yellow for this (he could see the Spurs player coming the entire way and still raised his boot above his own shoulders and put it through their face)?

bc750be7-5541-44af-b105-4860f9ee29e4-jpeg.77233
Because he owned the space between ball and head. Or at least I think that's the way it was explained to us numpties on Wednesday.

Can any of the amateur refs on here explain why Tierney only gave Jota a yellow for this (he could see the Spurs player coming the entire way and still raised his boot above his own shoulders and put it through their face)?

I think it was a red card. I think it clearly falls into the category of serious foul play in that it was “A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent.”

To try and guess an answer to your question, I can only assume that the referee saw it as a “reckless challenge” which is a yellow card offence rather than serious foul play.

If you remember, they all claimed the same about Mane on Ederson, can't see much difference, other than the damage was less. Nailed on red for me, and "clear and obvious"ly an error, comes under endangering an opponent all day every day.

Look who scored their winner.

I really dislike the directive from Webb to allow more of the incidental conact fouls to go unchecked. Teams are using it to target certain individuals such as how Fulham did to Grealish yesterday. While at Villa he was the most fouled player in the league but I doubt that stat has carried over now he's wearing a blue shirt. He does however need to keep a lid on his obvious frustration when whichever whistling wanker is not offering him any protection. Could've easily received a 2nd yellow for that sarcastic clapping when Hooper eventually awarded him a free-kick especially as he'd already shown a bit of dissent on an earlier one that wasn't given.

clearly shielding the ball, see how his foot is between the spurs players legs and the ball, no foul.

I didn’t see it live and read that the spurs player had bent down, from that there’s hardly true. Worse still Jota got the winner, poor decision by the ref that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.