Ref Watch

I read somewhere before that only Liverpool take quicker goal kicks than us this season.

There was also some stat that shows that City have the ball in play longer than any other side in the PL.

Yet since 2013/14, only 3 keepers have received more yellow cards than Ederson for time wasting.

The inconsistency and outright manipulation of this rule pisses me off.

Took a few stills from the YouTube highlights with Ali Mann and he does state VAR has implied encroachment, the only way you can row back on that is if a City player is doing the same, which doesn’t appear to be the case, and it does look like the player who cleared the ball encroaches, I realise I’m clutching but rules are rules, and in this day of every decision being forensically examined, it should of been a retake
It’s still a retake if both defenders and attackers are encroaching.

That is not the rule

Are you sure? As far as I'm aware, I don't believe it's changed since the link below, which explains when VAR intervenes on an encroachment.

The key phrase being, "Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick"

It's also the case now, that if a keeper is off his line, but the penalty is missed, it isn't retaken unless it's considered to have been the cause of the miss.

I read somewhere before that only Liverpool take quicker goal kicks than us this season.

There was also some stat that shows that City have the ball in play longer than any other side in the PL.

Yet since 2013/14, only 3 keepers have received more yellow cards than Ederson for time wasting.

The inconsistency and outright manipulation of this rule pisses me off.
The six second law is still there apparently, although never applied, and it’s not really that area of the game that’s the problem, more the time wasting from goal kicks, with teams dropping defenders to the 6yd box, then dispersing them & going long, in that scenario 15-20 secs is ample. I believe if teams drop defenders into the box to play it short then they shouldn’t be allowed to clear the halfway line with the resulting kick. We have a multi ball system with ball boys in numbers, there’s no way these restarts should be taking that long, the fans are being ripped off, especially when teams are 2-0 down & still doing it

Are you sure? As far as I'm aware, I don't believe it's changed since the link below, which explains when VAR intervenes on an encroachment.

The key phrase being, "Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick"

It's also the case now, that if a keeper is off his line, but the penalty is missed, it isn't retaken unless it's considered to have been the cause of the miss.
Interesting…..I copied this from that article

For player encroachment in the box, it is now judged on any part of a player’s body that is on the ground when the kick is taken.
Therefore, if any part of the foot is on the penalty area or arc line it is encroachment. The player must still have a material impact on the outcome of the kick.

100% should’ve been a retake, there’s a hell of a lot of Leeds players encroaching, including the player who cleared the ball, who prevents Alvarez/Haaland (I think) from getting to the ball

I said that to the lad after watching the game back yesterday, the line belongs to the Penalty box and at least five Leeds players where touching/over it, given they got to the ball first on the rebound then a retake should’ve been ordered
I noticed that Haaland is 5 yards outside as Gundog moves to try and burst legally into the box, he was running full speed and didn't get there due to the lids fuckers on the line.

A retaken pen is very rare and is almost never going to go our way, although I'm sure someone will produce one, I do think we've had one this season or last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.