Ref Watch

Just watched the Gundo penalty again.The Leeds defender who clears the ball has his foot on the line of the penalty area at the moment the ball is struck.On the line is in the box,therefore should have been retaken.Unsurprisingly no VAR intervention
I said that to the lad after watching the game back yesterday, the line belongs to the Penalty box and at least five Leeds players where touching/over it, given they got to the ball first on the rebound then a retake should’ve been ordered

The rule only applies to a player who has a direct impact - in this case it looks like only the guy who clears it has any impact, and he wasn't in the penalty area, or on the line.
Really ? Never knew that, if that’s the case teams may as well ask a player to encroach but not look to intervene, which in turn would encourage the attackers to pile in and risk encroachment

Then why are the players made to stand outside the penalty area until the ball has been kicked.

Took a few stills from the YouTube highlights with Ali Mann and he does state VAR has implied encroachment, the only way you can row back on that is if a City player is doing the same, which doesn’t appear to be the case, and it does look like the player who cleared the ball encroaches, I realise I’m clutching but rules are rules, and in this day of every decision being forensically examined, it should of been a retake

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpeg
    IMG_4962.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4965.jpeg
    IMG_4965.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4963.jpeg
    IMG_4963.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Really ? Never knew that, if that’s the case teams may as well ask a player to encroach but not look to intervene, which in turn would encourage the attackers to pile in and risk encroachment
I'm all for going with that as it sounds like it will create some ridiculous situations.

Anyway, I deleted the comment you replied to, as I was wrong - the player who cleared it was encroaching - so it should have been retaken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.