Ref Watch

Nobody, least of all me, is denying there are frustrating inconsistencies.

I was just answering the guy who asked what I thought the process would be in a case like Grealish’s handball.

There wasn’t a similar handball in the match. I was talking specifically about when there is clear evidence the ball touches the hand while the hand is high up near head height. They’ll always be an exception somewhere but I can’t recall one where that hasn’t been given. I remember a Leeds one the other week that looked awfully harsh and he was even shoved from behind into ball.

But whether you or me or Alan Shearer like it or not, they are consistently giving those where their hands are up near head height pretty much every time.
I’ll be honest, I don’t have the energy or inclination to compile video evidence of the various similar handballs that have not been given in the league and cups by the same officiating teams, but I am absolutely sure there have been many. We have discussed them ad nauseam. Pundits and journalists are discussing the inconsistency in the wake of the Grealish handball.

I am sure if you scoured the pages of this and the VAR thread you could even find me posting about them as they happened, as I have tried to do the second half of the season to build a body of evidence of the inconsistency (at best) of officiating in England.

I suppose, if I am able to be as active next season, I will implement a tagging system to mark my entries of these incidents for easy compilation later for our debates.

Should I also tag you in to each for your reference?

I thought it was a penalty, and like I said I don’t think var would have intervened had it been given either.

I’d be interested to see the vid again to confirm I still think that though, don’t think a still image proves that much.
He kicked him to stop him getting to the ball and likely scoring. Its as clear a pen as there is…. The ref in charge of the VAR should be sacked on the spot

IMG-3665.jpg

He kicked him to stop him getting to the ball and likely scoring. Its as clear a pen as there is…. The ref in charge of the VAR should be sacked on the spot

I wouldn’t go that far, think it’s a some will give it, some won’t.

The VAR will initially show him the best angle that supports his opinion that it’s a penalty. He’ll then ask if he wants to see any more angles or if he’s happy? It’s then up to the referee if he’s seen enough or wants to see alternate angles. They pretty much always decline.
Really? So if the VAR ref has 2 angles of an incident, one angle shows a potential foul & the other shows it probably wasn’t, the VAR ref gets to choose what images the on pitch ref sees?

That doesn’t sound plausible, so can you verify how you know this to be true please mate as it sounds like you’re saying the VAR ref is making the decisions instead of the in field ref?

You hope I commit suicide because we disagree about the interpretation of a players movement in a football match?
I have a spare parachute you could borrow. I hope you realise that my comment was tongue in cheek but if you were offended I offer my most sincere apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.