Ref Watch

My older brother (who is a much more astute observer of the game than I am and watches about 10x more games than I do) is a former referee and a City fan.

He reckons that the standard of refereeing is much poorer here. Last night seemed to demonstrate that.

Decent overall, but there were couple of weird decisions against Jack towards the end.
One or two against Foden, too. Strangely, he does not seem to grasp the concept of shirt-pulling as a yellow card offence.

I thought he gave them some very soft free kicks towards the end. Giving in to Inter pressure a little, perhaps.

Overall he has done ok in the two games recently.

Booking eddie was ridiculous , he always waits a while to see who is free to pass to , apart from that and given inters being hit by snipers every five mins i think he was good

I have a theory about this. As it happens with so many different refs...

I don't think it's the refs being in the way, I think it's the team using the ref to shield the ball and protect the pass.

Ref is no longer considered part of the pitch so if the ball hits the ref.... What a shame uncontested drop ball to us. Still retain possession.
I think this is a credible theory. The ref in the opponent's third is obviously not marked and therefore has a space around him. We kick the ball in his direction as a disguised pass to the space behind him which we might be moving towards and, 'hey presto', a clever play if the ref moves out of the way. If he doesn't, we get an uncontested drop ball, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.