Ref Watch

What does Walton do on BT ? All he seems to do is quote Law , IFAB & PGMOL oh and agree with the on field Ref unless it is proved incorrect by VAR (Remember a goal against Villa ) .I think I have just answered my own question

What does Walton do on BT ? All he seems to do is quote Law , IFAB & PGMOL oh and agree with the on field Ref unless it is proved incorrect by VAR (Remember a goal against Villa ) .I think I have just answered my own question
From what I heard last week, he didn't know the Law that clarified where on the arm the ball could touch without it being handball. If your job is to be an expert on The Laws of the Game, learning them is a prerequisite. Until then, he mustn't be taken seriously.

He doesn't even get those right as proven by last season when he didn't know Rodri was not off side. Seemed to loose his cool last night when Jenas asked why TTA had not given away a penalty in view of the previous nights penalty. Tried to claim that the Newcastle player had fallen into TTA & therefore initiated the collision. But his top comment was to tell Jenas "you seem to think VAR was brought in to correct mistakes, it's not". Now if Jenas had anything about him he would have asked him what it is for , manipulate results perhaps.

The thing I noted from Mike Dean last night and in particular TTA goal was that at no point was he actually following the ball. You get told to watch the ball at all times as this is where the majority of incidents are going to happen. I suppose he is too good for that.

It appears we're both wrong

In the 1971–72 season, Lee set a British record for the number of penalties scored in a season, with 15 of his 35 goals scored from the penalty spot. Many of the penalties resulted from fouls on Lee, earning him the nickname Lee One Pen. Some journalists, holding the opinion that Lee gained a number of penalties by diving, used the name Lee Won Pen instead.[4] Lee's name is often cited in debates about diving in football; referees' chief Keith Hackett described him as a player who "had a reputation of falling down easily".[5]

The thing I noted from Mike Dean last night and in particular TTA goal was that at no point was he actually following the ball. You get told to watch the ball at all times as this is where the majority of incidents are going to happen. I suppose he is too good for that.
Agreed about watching the ball at all times , but we were also instructed to use the ' trailing eye' incase something may happen off the ball when there has been a heavy but fair challenge or a coming together ,this was a perfect example of this but as you say he probably thinks that he is too good for that

He doesn't even get those right as proven by last season when he didn't know Rodri was not off side. Seemed to loose his cool last night when Jenas asked why TTA had not given away a penalty in view of the previous nights penalty. Tried to claim that the Newcastle player had fallen into TTA & therefore initiated the collision. But his top comment was to tell Jenas "you seem to think VAR was brought in to correct mistakes, it's not". Now if Jenas had anything about him he would have asked him what it is for , manipulate results perhaps.

Jenas isn't going to totally risk losing his mealticket gigs though is he richard ?

Looked at Liverpool's equaliser again. Player down in 6 yard box immobile and holding his head. The PFA should be talking to the EPL and PGMOL. It's not on that Mike Dean allowed play on. The rule states if it looks like a head injury play should be stopped. Newcastle players should be talking the their PFA reps about this!

Looked at Liverpool's equaliser again. Player down in 6 yard box immobile and holding his head. The PFA should be talking to the EPL and PGMOL. It's not on that Mike Dean allowed play on. The rule states if it looks like a head injury play should be stopped. Newcastle players should be talking the their PFA reps about this!
I don’t agree, it’s shithouse tactics from a 6ft bloke who replays showed had fuck all wrong with him. As discussed on the general forum, it’s the latest form of cheating and for once it bit them on the arse.

I don’t agree, it’s shithouse tactics from a 6ft bloke who replays showed had fuck all wrong with him. As discussed on the general forum, it’s the latest form of cheating and for once it bit them on the arse.
It's not Mike Dean's job to decide whether a player is faking a head injury. His job is to stop play and let the player get treatment. He can always yellow card the player if he decides afterwards it was shithousery. He can also decide not to let him back on the field for a few minutes if he wants. What he can't do is decide how serious or not the injury might be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.