Ref Watch

Did anyone else notice in the Brighton game last night that the ref in his first prem game was having so much trouble with his microphone that he stopped the game went off and you saw him take his shirt off and rewired. When he came back on I noticed that his wrist was bare, they have a watch on each wrist. When he restarted the game he blew his whistle, looked at his watch and there was nothing there.

He's not the first referee to not have a clue how long a match should last.

Does Walton make it up as he goes along? Encroachment for a penalty but he says no retake as the encroachment didn’t impact on the missing of the penalty, is that an actual rule?
The proper reason no retake was both sides had players in the area. Walton is stealing a wage at BT. 99% of the time agrees with decision. Listen to him waffle whilst VAR is reviewing an incident.

The proper reason no retake was both sides had players in the area. Walton is stealing a wage at BT. 99% of the time agrees with decision. Listen to him waffle whilst VAR is reviewing an incident.
It's almost like he's thinking please don't ask me, there's others in the room

But was he right? I thought encroachment was an offence irrespective of the outcome of the pen?

But was he right? I thought encroachment was an offence irrespective of the outcome of the pen?
If there were only West Ham players encroaching it would be a re take. If only Arse, indirect free kick. Now under the laws of the game it says it should be a re take if the penalty is scored & both sides encroach, if its not scored "play on"

Did anyone else notice in the Brighton game last night that the ref in his first prem game was having so much trouble with his microphone that he stopped the game went off and you saw him take his shirt off and rewired. When he came back on I noticed that his wrist was bare, they have a watch on each wrist. When he restarted the game he blew his whistle, looked at his watch and there was nothing there.
Having seen this comment, I kept an eye on MOTD's coverage.

I think that he wasn't wearing a watch on one wrist all match - he wasn't when the injury on 15 minutes happened. Unusual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.