Ref Watch

Old Mother Riley presided over perhaps the most bent display of refereeing I have ever witnessed when he took charge of the match between The Rag's and Arsenal where the Rag's were allowed to systematically kick f*ck out of the Arsenal players with absolute impunity and were awarded a VERY soft penalty against Sol Campbell for a Rooney dive.

I'm not entirely sure you'd get an honest answer from the current head of the PiGMOL about ANYTHING.
Decisions on the pitch, and off the pitch, behind closed doors, in front of a newsman proffering a mic, have a distinct whiff of 'politicisation'! I live in hope (the kind that eventually kills yer!) that I will see a game refereed according to the written laws of the game! I think I will be mightily disappointed.

I think 'bent' is a more appropriate description. I can't think of any other reason why the paying spectators are deprived of what is being discussed in the VAR shed and we don't see and hear what is passing between shed and whistling wanker on the pitch. A perfect smokescreen to manipulate what has actually happened on the pitch. If PiGMOL were run by 'honourable' people then the first thing I would have thought essential would be to do what happens in rugby and cricket. Have we ever had an explanation from Old Mother Riley as to why not?
It’s a valid point you make about listening to the VAR operatives, if you have Sky you are a paying customer so entitled to ask why not? Why should commentators get to filter what’s relayed to the audience as it gives them an element of control, I’ve heard them doing the hokey-kokey on coms so many times this season, they give their verdict then start listening to the coms & change their minds

View attachment 41354Yes he gave an excellent unbiased performance and we move on to the next debacle
Is that the same Clattenburg that used to go on holidays with Liverpool players, the one with a history of leniency towards Liverpool in their derbies?

As for Riley, why was it that English referees were not used in the last World Cup? Could it have been because they weren't good enough? Could it have been because they were following a different set of guidelines to the rest of the footballing world?

Where was the outcry from our FA? How did Riley keep his job, when he was presiding over the referees in charge of the best league in the world, yet weren't good enough for the world cup? Where is the accountability between Riley and the FA, or between Riley and the game in general? So many questions.

My theory is that Riley and the FA have a hold on each other. Neither can expose the corruption of the other because in doing so, they would lift the lid on their own shady dealings.

Is that the same Clattenburg that used to go on holidays with Liverpool players, the one with a history of leniency towards Liverpool in their derbies?

As for Riley, why was it that English referees were not used in the last World Cup? Could it have been because they weren't good enough? Could it have been because they were following a different set of guidelines to the rest of the footballing world?

Where was the outcry from our FA? How did Riley keep his job, when he was presiding over the referees in charge of the best league in the world, yet weren't good enough for the world cup? Where is the accountability between Riley and the FA, or between Riley and the game in general? So many questions.

My theory is that Riley and the FA have a hold on each other. Neither can expose the corruption of the other because in doing so, they would lift the lid on their own shady dealings.
It was because Clattenburg controversially retired after FIFA announced their pool of referees and he wasn't allowed to be replaced, as I recall.

I think 'bent' is a more appropriate description. I can't think of any other reason why the paying spectators are deprived of what is being discussed in the VAR shed and we don't see and hear what is passing between shed and whistling wanker on the pitch. A perfect smokescreen to manipulate what has actually happened on the pitch. If PiGMOL were run by 'honourable' people then the first thing I would have thought essential would be to do what happens in rugby and cricket. Have we ever had an explanation from Old Mother Riley as to why not?

It was so blatant that I now unfortunately have little hope we can hold Liverpool off in the run in..

There is simply no excuse for a ref not to check a penalty claim. All he has to do is walk over to the monitor and have another look. The VAR ref should be a fall back, to check decisions are correct. IE there is two bites at the cherry to get things right. Yesterday's decisions and the way Liverpool get so many in their favour leads me to conclude that their can only be an agenda by officialdom to make sure the title race is close.

The secrecy of PGMOL is also shocking , how can a multi billion pound sport by controlled in a such a way?

There is simply no excuse for a ref not to check a penalty claim. All he has to do is walk over to the monitor and have another look. The VAR ref should be a fall back, to check decisions are correct. IE there is two bites at the cherry to get things right. Yesterday's decisions and the way Liverpool get so many in their favour leads me to conclude that their can only be an agenda by officialdom to make sure the title race is close.

The secrecy of PGMOL is also shocking , how can a multi billion pound sport by controlled in a such a way?
I've just seen one of those decisions - the one where Gordon is pushed in the back. Clear penalty and a goalscoring opportunity. The LotG require a penalty and red card. Why was this not followed? And when we get the likes of Crappenberg coming out and saying the useless Attwell got the big decisions right I can only think that he believes the big decisions involve blowing for the kick off and blowing for the game to conclude, or he is referring to decisions that didn't disadvantage the Dippers. Clearly applying the LotG impartially don't come into the category of big decisions. I can believe the pen and red card didn't materialise 'cos I saw the incident. But why? It just stinks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.