Ref Watch

VAR SHOULD have intervened, but it's City, so let's just get on with the Palace corner. It wouldn't have mattered had Cancelo leapt onto the roof and emulated an Olympic diver demonstrating a 3.8 tariff dive and impaled himself arse end on a corner flag, the 'tackle' was violent. I cannot see where a forearm smash more relevant to the wrestling ring than a football pitch wouldn't and shouldn't have brought forth a red card.
Agreed, I remember the aguero straight red for raising his arms as he protected the ball and caught West ham player in tge neck. Oh the moral outrage that accompanied that

I didn’t think think the Palace ‘keeper was generally time wasting on goal kicks. Maybe pushed it a couple of times but not enough to warrant a booking. It was more the fans in the South Stand getting on his back the second the ball went out, making it appear so. Not that that’s a bad tactic by the crowd, as it puts in the referees mind at least. But the ball being out of play is part of the game. The goalkeeper or anybody else is under no obligation to rush the retake.

As for the Cancelo incident. I probably had a better view of it than any of the officials and I have to admit my immediate reaction was… Get up and get on with it kid. In hindsight it was a foul and probably a booking but VAR can’t advise on that.
take a good look at a replay as that is what VAR does, the the ball was already out of play, so that is violent conduct in an off the ball incident, it would be a booking as it was for Walker vs Calvin lewis just for having your arms up that high without it being deliberate.

I might have missed it, so was the Tripper red yet another change of rules in season? now we have all seen reds rescinded but not reduced to a yellow VAR decided it was not a red but a yellow, a clear and obvious mistake is not deciding a punishment.

take a good look at a replay as that is what VAR does, the the ball was already out of play, so that is violent conduct in an off the ball incident, it would be a booking as it was for Walker vs Calvin lewis just for having your arms up that high without it being deliberate.

I have watched it several times. I don’t think the ball was out of play but it’s a bit inconclusive from the angle I was watching it from. That’s irrelevant as to whether it was violent conduct anyway. You can be dismissed for violent conduct at half time or after the final whistle.

I didn’t think think the Palace ‘keeper was generally time wasting on goal kicks. Maybe pushed it a couple of times but not enough to warrant a booking. It was more the fans in the South Stand getting on his back the second the ball went out, making it appear so. Not that that’s a bad tactic by the crowd, as it puts in the referees mind at least. But the ball being out of play is part of the game. The goalkeeper or anybody else is under no obligation to rush the retake.

As for the Cancelo incident. I probably had a better view of it than any of the officials and I have to admit my immediate reaction was… Get up and get on with it kid. In hindsight it was a foul and probably a booking but VAR can’t advise on that.
How’s it a booking? It’s either accidental and a free kick or deliberate and serious foul play, so either no card or red card. It looked to me like a deliberate forearm smash so a red

How’s it a booking? It’s either accidental and a free kick or deliberate and serious foul play, so either no card or red card. It looked to me like a deliberate forearm smash so a red

It can be accidental and still a booking. I don’t actually think it was accidental. He clearly made a deliberate movement towards him. But I still don’t think it was quite enough to be a red. Was borderline though, don’t think he could have had major complaints if it was red.

It can be accidental and still a booking. I don’t actually think it was accidental. He clearly made a deliberate movement towards him. But I still don’t think it was quite enough to be a red. Was borderline though, don’t think he could have had major complaints if it was red.
If you think it’s a deliberate forearm smash in the face then that’s a red card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.