Ref Watch

It's not clear if there was a second touch at this point:
View attachment 54776

Here’s the full clip. There is no other touch. The linesman certainly won’t have known if there was another touch.

He made a mistake. The referee then made a second mistake and we got lucky that VAR could not get involved as it would have been a goal. (Should Ederson not have saved it, of course)

Defender was stepping up. If you pause the clip just after the ball was released, this is maybe what the linesman saw.

Yes he should have kept his flag down and let var or the defenders/keeper do their jobs - no one knows what would have happened if the whistle hadn't gone.
81cc36cb42d622481134ec8f68b5d2e1.jpg

Pep called it.. he preferred to be playing Villa when they had a few more points than be desperate.

Lets just accept it.. we got lucky. That goal if not for the whistle would have stood.

Dodged a bullet.

Lucky, I think with the above and we certainly shouldn't need Injury time.

I've literally just watched the game as I wasn't able to live but 2 mins & 4 mins extra....wtf even the co-com on my feed said there should be 9/10 mins in the second half & he was an ex villa player.

Can't blame the red for the iffy Villa disallowed goal and I think he actually did well overall but not with the time added.....what would André do?

Lets just accept it.. we got lucky. That goal if not for the whistle would have stood.

If the whistle wouldn't have been blown I think Eddy would have actually attempted to save the shot (and probably would have as not far away from him) instead of pulling his hands away

A very strange take from people about the Coutinho "goal" it's like some have never played the game.

First the first it's not a goal so it wasn't disallowed. The ref blew so the game is not on it has stopped.

Second City player's stopped only one who keeps going is Coutinho there is nobody trying to defend.

It was a wrong decision from the linesman not the first and won't be the last, but there was no goal disallowed

A very strange take from people about the Coutinho "goal" it's like some have never played the game.

First the first it's not a goal so it wasn't disallowed. The ref blew so the game is not on it has stopped.

Second City player's stopped only one who keeps going is Coutinho there is nobody trying to defend.

It was a wrong decision from the linesman not the first and won't be the last, but there was no goal disallowed
If the referee hadn’t blown, it would have stood. It might have been saved, but we don’t know that.

He made a mistake. The referee then made a second mistake and we got lucky that VAR could not get involved as it would have been a goal. (Should Ederson not have saved it, of course)
The lino made an error yes, but the referee blew his whistle way before coutinho's shota, and all our players stopped including Ederson. Mahrez was about to "tackle" and stopped, the other defenders stopped, Ederson waved his hand at the shot. There's no guarantee they would have scored if the whistle hadn't gone, and VAR couldn't get involved, all on the lino waving his flag, and I even have some sympathy there as he had "gone" into an offside position, and then come back from it.

It's not tough on villa, as the media narative would like people to believe, it was a poor flag from the lino, but that is only a small part of the story.

If the referee hadn’t blown, it would have stood. It might have been saved, but we don’t know that.
If the referee hadn't blown City player's would not have stopped and yes we don't now , but there wasn't a goal scored the fact is the referee did stop the game so you can't score

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.