Ref Watch

Well it seems a bit pointless replying to a post just to say you agree with it, so you’re probably right. Isn’t the whole point of a discussion forum, to debate points raised that you disagree with?
I agree.

Wasn’t he the VAR when Liverpool thought they were robbed at Arsenal a few weeks ago?
Probably. He seems to get most of their games. My comments were mainly in relation to the failure to refer the penalty incident back to the referee for a second check. Plus the fact that he is building a pro-Liverpool reputation.

Probably. He seems to get most of their games. My comments were mainly in relation to the failure to refer the penalty incident back to the referee for a second check. Plus the fact that he is building a pro-Liverpool reputation.

To be fair everyone has a pro- Liverpool agenda according to some on here.

Conversely, Liverpool fans were kicking up a fuss that he was their VAR after the Arsenal game because he was clearly anti- Liverpool.

It’s almost as if fans of every club think there is a huge conspiracy against the club they happen to support.

To be fair everyone has a pro- Liverpool agenda according to some on here.

Conversely, Liverpool fans were kicking up a fuss that he was their VAR after the Arsenal game because he was clearly anti- Liverpool.

It’s almost as if fans of every club think there is a huge conspiracy against the club they happen to support.
That's what I mean when I say Darren England is building up a pro-Liverpool reputation. It's not just here though, other supporter groups are starting to notice it as well.

But I'm not forming my opinion based on what other supporters are saying. In other words, I am not subscribing to any so called agenda. I'm using hard evidence. Below are some instances from this year, of alleged incorrect VAR interventions leading to failure to dismiss Liverpool players, or failure to award penalty kicks against Liverpool, or disallowing goals scored against Liverpool.

Here are six interventions or lack of interventions from this year alone, that have directly benefited Liverpool, when Darren England has been VAR official. This is statistically significant. It raises two questions:

1. Why is Darren England appointed as VAR to so many Liverpool games?

2. Why are there so many controversial decisions that benefit Liverpool, with very few decisions that go against Liverpool?

He should have asked the referee to review it today. The Sky pundit, a former professional Liverpool football player and manager said the referee would not have seen the push from his position behind play. He said from the side on camera view, there was a much clearer view of the push. So this was a case of the referee making a clear and obvious mistake, and he should at least have been asked to look again.

England is building up quite a reputation of being pro-Liverpool.

Finally, someone making the right point.

Edit: Just to be clear, I mean that you can't blame the referee for not giving a penalty against Alexander-Arnold. From behind he couldn't see the arm movement that may have constituted a push. That could be seen from side-on, the angle VAR was looking at. We are meant to believe the ref communicates what he saw to VAR, and the VAR asks him to review if there was a clear and obvious error. If the ref thinks he sees "leaning in", which is apparently what he saw, and VAR can see an arm movement that may constitute a push, then he should ask the ref to review if that push movement was enough to warrant a penalty. He shouldn't be deciding that on his own. He isn't the referee. I think almost everyone believes that would have been the right call.

Now if the ref says he saw a push movement, but didn't think it was enough for a penalty, then VAR couldn't call it a clear and obvious error, as it's subjective.

Last edited:
The refereeing in the Brentford game is one of the clearest examples of how officiating can influence matches.

We didn’t play well, to be sure, but that is how you referee a match to advantage one team and try to achieve a certain outcome.

It doesn’t always work—sometimes the disadvantaged team overcomes the effort.

But often it ends exactly as it did today.

The refereeing in the Brentford game is one of the clearest examples of how officiating can influence matches.

We didn’t play well, to be sure, but that is how you referee a match to advantage one team and try to achieve a certain outcome.
It was the Rag Coote on Var who was the worst, gave us nothing and has a stadium photo of the Swamp with him standing in front of it as his LinkedIn profile and then u have him officiating the Rags v Villa where 2 Rags should have had reds

It doesn’t always work—sometimes the disadvantaged team overcomes the effort.

But often it ends exactly as it did today.
Well said mate. It was so obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.