Ref Watch

Ref wasn’t great but I’m getting sick of just blaming them we were absolutely a disgrace today,and Toney with his 2nd goal reminded me of the spurs game last season get it back to 2-2 then pile everyone forward looking a winner and get caught out,take the fucking point first and foremost at least come away with something ffs..
The issue here is that this sort of intentional officiating to advantage a team is most effective *when* the team to be disadvantaged are playing poorly.

That’s the aspect to this sort of biased match influence that people miss. If the disadvantaged team is playing well, it is usually not enough.

But today is a perfect example of when officials trying to achieve a certain outcome works well.

Our players were incredibly frustrated throughout and were fairly certain Brentford were going to be allowed to manhandle players, waste time, and generally receive favouritism whenever it could be given, which has an overall impact on play. Add VAR ignoring clear and obvious errors and this helps the officials to achieve a certain outcome.

The psychological effect alone when a team is collectively performing poorly is often enough to achieve the desired outcome.

And saying “we were poor, we can’t blame the ‘bad’ officiating” will just embolden them to do more. It’s just giving up in the face of it and incentivising more of it.

It’s unfortunately similar to the abusee’s mindset: “they’re just like that, just have to make the best of it, and work harder to make them treat us better”. That just leads to continued abuse until some sort of breaking point.

The handball, the rugby tackle on Laporte, the foul on Kev, to name but three.
handball was outside the box clear as day, kev was a dive and i dont even know what rugby tackle you’re talking about

laporte pulled their lad back for foden’s goal and the cameras didnt really capture it.

name me a decision that was incorrect - pundits are going through our bullshit dives and none of them are penalties

It was little things.. the nuances.. he disrupted the flow of the game at any opportunity. Waved play on then went back on his decision despite their player still having the ball. Giving them absolutely everything he could. It was very well oiled between both VAR and him.

Regarding the pens, yes there was some diving.. Cancelo obviously and Haaland went down a bit easy a couple of times despite contact. But the Debruyne one there was contact despite him going down easy.. but they get given 50/50. The Laporte wrestle was stonewall.. the handball even more so.. every angle showed the ball was at LEAST on the line (looked over on most). Remember it only takes any of the ball to be on the line.. so yes that was a clear and obvious mistake.. even Peter fucking Walton thought it was a pen.

The issue here is that this sort of intentional officiating to advantage a team is most effective *when* the team to be disadvantaged are playing poorly.

That’s the aspect to this sort of rubias match influence that people miss. If the disadvantaged team is playing well, it is usually not enough.

But today is a perfect example of when officials trying to achieve a certain outcome works well.

Our players were incredibly frustrated throughout and were fairly certain Brentford were going to be allowed to manhandle players, waste time, and generally receive favouritism whenever it could be given, which has an overall impact on play. Add VAR ignoring clear and obvious errors and this helps the officials to achieve a certain outcome.

The psychological effect alone when a team is collectively performing poorly is often enough to achieve the desired outcome.
Yeah to be fair you have a point,the cumulative building up of frustration definitely had an effect..

handball was outside the box clear as day, kev was a dive and i dont even know what rugby tackle you’re talking about

laporte pulled their lad back for foden’s goal and the cameras didnt really capture it.
I agree with you,but there was one when the Brentford player had his arm around laporte‘s neck and dragged him to the ground stone wall pen the rest no ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.