Ref Watch

As I said in the match thread, we should assume we will be getting similar officiating every match to what we saw tonight against Everton.

We played poorly, to be sure, but that refereeing performance is exactly how you make a top team’s poor performance count when seeking certain outcomes.

It’s not the first time this season and it won’t be the last.

The league are looking to “equalise” our matches to do their best to have anyone but us win the league this coming year. That means that any subpar performance will be augmented whenever possible.

Contrast that with how the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, and United are officiated, and you’ll see what I mean.

I know many think I am a conspiracy nutter, but I know how the business world works, and I find it extremely unlikely that the Premier League is the only enterprise in the world without manipulation for the sake of the product. That’s especially improbable given the substantially higher level of control over outcomes that is available to the Premier League admin (based on the intentionally opaque officiating system they have cultivated) compared to other industries.

If you think you are frustrated now, just wait until Arsenal begin to slip up in the latter half of the season.

Ref was toss.

I know officials added 11 minutes on but that stoppage by the linesman was embarrassing for the Premier League. It slowed the pace of the game down. I wonder of that would have happened in a Liverpool game..

As I said in the match thread, we should assume we will be getting similar officiating every match to what we saw tonight against Everton.

We played poorly, to be sure, but that refereeing performance is exactly how you make a top team’s poor performance count when seeking certain outcomes.

It’s not the first time this season and it won’t be the last.

The league are looking to “equalise” our matches to do their best to have anyone but us win the league this coming year. That means that any subpar performance will be augmented whenever possible.

Contrast that with how the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, and United are officiated, and you’ll see what I mean.

I know many think I am a conspiracy nutter, but I know how the business world works, and I find it extremely unlikely that the Premier League is the only enterprise in the world without manipulation for the sake of the product. That’s especially improbable given the substantially higher level of control over outcomes that is available to the Premier League admin (based on the intentionally opaque officiating system they have cultivated) compared to other industries.

If you think you are frustrated now, just wait until Arsenal begin to slip up in the latter half of the season.

It's up to us as fans to get on the officials' backs. The Etihad is far too welcoming. Every decision the fans need to be up in arms.

I agree though, performances like today from that bastard in black are the difference between winning titles or not.

Incompetent to the point it makes you wonder whether the fucker was acting under instructions. He lost a grip of things right from the tackle on Haaland after ten secs. He made no attempt whatsoever to deal with their egregious time wasting, didn’t even look closely at a couple of decent penalty shouts and compounds it all by stopping the game for ten mins while some hopeless clown tried to fix a comms problem and while this was dragging on and on he didn’t come over once to see what the fucking delay was. Books Bernie for simulation but lets their pansy team get away with simulating and feigning injury all game long.

Time wasting is the scourge of the game, this ref just let it go, neverton were smart enough to use a different player each time and the ref just let them keep getting away with it.

Also he was continually in the way, right where we want to pass it, and then the final part was the 2nd half, continually slowing the game - not to mention the fckin linesman's radio issues FFS. One of our tactics is to wear teams down, when they suddenly get time for a breather we just lose that advantage we've been trying to create.

Ref was toss.

I know officials added 11 minutes on but that stoppage by the linesman was embarrassing for the Premier League. It slowed the pace of the game down. I wonder of that would have happened in a Liverpool game..
Should have been about 18 mins , and then my mate would have then missed his train to London to top it off

Incompetent to the point it makes you wonder whether the fucker was acting under instructions. He lost a grip of things right from the tackle on Haaland after ten secs. He made no attempt whatsoever to deal with their egregious time wasting, didn’t even look closely at a couple of decent penalty shouts and compounds it all by stopping the game for ten mins while some hopeless clown tried to fix a comms problem and while this was dragging on and on he didn’t come over once to see what the fucking delay was. Books Bernie for simulation but lets their pansy team get away with simulating and feigning injury all game long.
I struggled to identify the ref for a while but once I found out who it was I knew we would struggle , this bloke has done his damdest to screw us over at all levels since the Chelsea youth Cup final at the CFA years ago, totalling unfathomable decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.