Ref Watch

He was ref at the infamous 2019 Anfield game which led to Pep confronting him at ft. He also denied us a stonewall pen for a foul on Aguero in the 2016 league cup final as well (also against Liverpool).
That doesn’t mean he’s not a good ref. All refs make mistakes, even good refs have terrible games, just like the best players do.

It’s only a red if the player makes no attempt whatsoever to play the ball, so for example pulling the player back by his shirt. If you make a ‘genuine’ attempt then it’s a yellow which was the case for the Foden penalty. No idea why Havertz wasn’t yellow carded though, maybe in all the VAR nonsense the ref forgot.
Oh, I get that, mate, and I’d argue that he didn’t make a genuine attempt to get the ball as he actually punched it away, just as if he’d saved it on the line, denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Havertz deliberate handball, Koulibaly push in the back and trip.

Not a yellow card given to either of them, where is the consistency?
I'll give you a clue... There isn't any consistency. The disparity of the referee's decision making between us and Chelsea was shocking.

Rodder's was getting kicked all over the place, from the moment he got deliberately stamped on to the moment he got subbed off. The ref gave nothing, but the moment he took matters into his own hands and gave it back the ref couldn't wait to get his card out.

Cancelo was just a late challenge. Nothing malicious or dangerous, just late. Same with Bernie; in the context of the game it was bullshit. What Gallagher EVENTUALLY got carded for was way worse, but if we're saying that Bernardo's challenge was worthy of a card Gallagher should have had at least three, and two or three other players should have been booked for them also.

I was just trawling through the fa cup results & saw the following stats that startled me.

For once the team with the least possession (33%) had committed the most fouls(15). Clearly not a City game.

However, what shocked me having seen those stats, they still only had 1 booking which makes me think they’ll only book the player if there is space to run into rather than consistently fouling.

But 1 booking after committing 15 fouls is a pisstake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.