Ref Watch

I am trying to keep an open mind but the more I watch back United’s equaliser, the more I cannot fathom how anyone could argue in good faith that he was not influencing play.

Especially given a player 2 cm offside in the build up of goals (not even the ones scoring) are causing goals to be chalked off.

The ref was wrong
VAR was wrong
You're wrong
7a5e77676a917aa9ababb505e24797d0.jpg
c94d8c3340a3cad66925ccd1b7efaf86.jpg
Is he in the way of an opponent - No
Is he interfering with the movement of the player towards the ball - No
Is he impacting the ability of the opponent to play orchallenge for the ball - No

All he does is run with the ball WITHOUT touching it not making an attempt to touch it

And for the last highighted bit...How deosnt he makean action which impacts the ability of an opponent to play the baall...the keeper still comes out and challenges....the defenders could still try and slide in and tackle the ball - they dont

What about standing in front of a keepers eyeline in an offside position, but not making a move towards the ball? We’ve seen ample of those over the years, nothing to do with touching the ball
But standing in the eye line of a keeper is impacting him physically seeing the ball...therefore the impact is physically affecting the keeper

Is he in the way of an opponent - No
Is he interfering with the movement of the player towards the ball - No
Is he impacting the ability of the opponent to play orchallenge for the ball - No

All he does is run with the ball WITHOUT touching it not making an attempt to touch it

And for the last highighted bit...How deosnt he makean action which impacts the ability of an opponent to play the baall...the keeper still comes out and challenges....the defenders could still try and slide in and tackle the ball - they dont

If rashford wasn't running one of the defenders would have cleared the ball. He is interfering with play

If rashford wasn't running one of the defenders would have cleared the ball. He is interfering with play
I agree

But the law seems to imply that you need to physically be playing the ball (or attempting to as well).....

Again I agree as I think he is physically affecting the play but the laws seem to be about contact or attempted contact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.