Ref Watch

Just seen Gakpo for Liverpool have shot blocked and the ball has gone to Trent who was standing in an offside position but let the ball go off for a throw in without touching it or attempting to touch it. Linesman put his flag up and ref blew his whistle. So inconsistent. Can't make it up really.

We were fucked over

Absolutely agree that he impacts the decision making.....said it countless times....but thats not in the rules...the rule(s) is about physically trying to play the ball (or actually playing it) - which rashford doesnt...nor does he impede anyone physically...both defenders could have made a tackle (and if you look at the rules if the defender had tried to takcle Rasford and fouled him...it would have been given offside (if Fernandes hadnt scored) as the offside had occured first...if fernardes scores its still a goal (s long as Rasford doesnt touch the ball at any point0

The linesman did flag offside...the ref changed the decision
But surely, when he was running with the ball at his feet, dummied he was going to play it with his left foot, dropping his shoulder as if he was going to go to the right, then dummied a pass with his right foot, he is deemed in control of the ball and therefore offside?

Sorry but I don't understand this perspective.

The rule says 'impacting the ability of a defender to play the ball'

How is the defender's decision-making not literally the most fundamental part of their 'ability to play the ball'? You can't disentangle somebody's ability to play the ball from their mental process that leads to them playing the ball... that distinction seems bizarre and isn't stated explicitly anywhere in the actual law.
I agree its ambiguous and why i have said that the rule is wrong ...but the rule seems to suggest physical ability not decision making....

both defenders could have still chose to slide in...(not sure why they didnt try and bring him down as they wouldnt have been sent off as there was cover there)...even if they had been sent off we only had a bit of time left and we could have hung on

But surely, when he was running with the ball at his feet, dummied he was going to play it with his left foot, dropping his shoulder as if he was going to go to the right, then dummied a pass with his right foot, he is deemed in control of the ball and therefore offside?
I agree but the rule suggests that he has to physicall attempt to ply the ball....which none of those are

Absolutely agree that he impacts the decision making.....said it countless times....but thats not in the rules...the rule(s) is about physically trying to play the ball (or actually playing it) - which rashford doesnt...nor does he impede anyone physically...both defenders could have made a tackle (and if you look at the rules if the defender had tried to takcle Rasford and fouled him...it would have been given offside (if Fernandes hadnt scored) as the offside had occured first...if fernardes scores its still a goal (s long as Rasford doesnt touch the ball at any point0

The linesman did flag offside...the ref changed the decision

Let’s see consistency then. By this logic, no linesman should ever raise his flag ever again until the ball is physically touched by the offside player. This could take time wasting to a whole new level.

I won’t hold my breathe for consistency though.

Arm out shielding Akanji.

Left foot back ready to shift the ball which puts Ederson in a set position ready to make an attempted save.

Not interfering though...nothing to see here...

Said this in the match thread. Ederson is set for the Rashford shot. When he doesn't hit it there is no time for him to readjust for Rat Face's shot.

He did flag. He was then overruled by the referee.

Who had been taking oddly long periods of time to make calls today, almost all of the delayed decisions falling in favour of United.

That won’t be talked about but it was strange to watch live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.