Ref Watch

e doesnt stop the defender from making a challenge....the defenders can see ball...

what he does do is affect their decision making.
There are times when there is too much ref blaming. This isn't one of them. City is fighting a spell of somewhat poor form and came out in the second half determined to grind out a win. They worked hard for their goal and were subsequently in total control of the game. That was an atrocious decision to allow that blatant violation to level the match. Coming on here and trying to justify that absurd decision is simply pouring salt in the wounds and in extremely poor form. JMO.

Its not a fact though....its a belief..which in this case is not what we are talking about

Apologies for the use of the word irrelevant as that was wrong
What the hell are you talking about? You are all over the place. Did you buy some Christmas presents? Do you believe Jesus was born on December 25th then? There would only be about four threads if people were only able to post facts. Your version of a fact can be disputed by others.

Rashford was running onto a ball in an offside position, which would have impacted the reactions of defenders. Experience over five decades tells me that Manchester United get favourable decisions at Old Trafford. If I can’t state my belief that that is the case you might as well shut down the Forum.

Repeat after me. Simon23 is not the sole arbiter of “facts”.

5 live commentary said exactly same as you about time taken on decisions. They said his brain and whistle were out of sync.

Arm out shielding Akanji.

Left foot back ready to shift the ball which puts Ederson in a set position ready to make an attempted save.

Not interfering though...nothing to see here...

A picture paints a thousand words

Clearly interfering with 2 players positioning & decision making. Clearly stopping Akanji from easily collecting the ball & probably Ederson from coming out to comfortably clearing the ball

That photo is all you need to see how poor a decision it was

There are times when there is too much ref blaming. This isn't one of them. City is fighting a spell of somewhat poor form and came out in the second half determined to grind out a win. They worked hard for their goal and were subsequently in total control of the game. That was an atrocious decision to allow that blatant violation to level the match. Coming on here and trying to justify that absurd decision is simply pouring salt in the wounds and in extremely poor form. JMO.
Sorry but I disagree

By the laws of the game (which are questionably wrong imho) its a goal.....its the rules that need rewriting....any player in Rashfords position in my mind is interfering with play...but the rules suggest he has to physically try to play the ball, or impede a defender from getting it..which he doesnt do

Has to be o
It's quite simple. Had Rashford not been there does Fernandez go on to score.

Clearly not, therefore Rashford is instrumental in the creation of the goal and as he was offside then the goal should be disallowed.
Has to be one of the worst decisions in years and it appears little or no VAR involvement. I am now a card carrying member of the society which believes the refs in England are corrupt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.