Ref Watch

Ourselves, Arsenal and Newcastle have all had dodgy calls against them for the last few weeks, meanwhile the rags have climbed up the tables with casemero escaping at least 3 red cards and some iffy decision helping their climb into the title fight.

Coincidence I am sure

I agree its ambiguous and why i have said that the rule is wrong ...but the rule seems to suggest physical ability not decision making....

both defenders could have still chose to slide in...(not sure why they didnt try and bring him down as they wouldnt have been sent off as there was cover there)...even if they had been sent off we only had a bit of time left and we could have hung on

While I'm not convinced, if I entertain this interpretation of the law (not suggesting I know more about this than you do), if you take that to its logical conclusion then the things attackers in offside positions could get away with are endless. Dummying in offside positions would now become legal because that is purely a mental/decision-making thing, you could have attackers running back and forth behind the lines constantly and as long as they don't touch the ball it's fine. You could pass to people in offside positions to shield the ball as long as they don't touch the ball or a defender. If a defender has to go round somebody in an offside position slowing him down then that's also just a decision they've made.

If that really is how this law works then it is totally absurd to the point of farce

You haven’t answered the question.

How can the defender make a challenge from behind without fouling rashford?
by getting his leg around him and playing the ball first

The law states however you cant challenge from behind as it believes you cant make a challenge from behind without fouling the player (another law that is wrong)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.