Ref Watch

New tactic for Spurs:

Stick Haaland on Lloris for 90minutes put him in front of the keeper.

Get De Bruyne, Mahrez etc... to take shots from distance tell Haaland to dummy every shot, as long as he doesn't touch it he's fine, apparently this is now legal.

Offside was brought in to prevent goal-hanging but there now seems to be a giant loop-hole.

Never really been someone who has bought too much into the 'Agenda' theory, as it comes over as sour grapes to an extent.
However, after today I am dubious to say the least. The 'product' that is the Premier League certainly seemed to have an influence on that 'goal'. As the other Premier League/SKY poster boys are a little way off the pace perhaps this lot could be given a little 'assistance'!, as they are (as you point our) up there at the moment. No way was that goal ever not being allowed!
True, we weren't great, and we have lost to the Rags several times over the years(often deservedly so) both when we were shit and when we've been a great side in recent times.
Sure, we'll move on, City fans (especially us FOCs) have had loads of disappointments over the years, but today was one of those that seemed to leave a really bad taste in the mouth. It will be interesting to see how other 'controversial' decisions go in certain games for the rest of the season!!

100% with you on this one. Pass me my foil hat, I'm now officially part of The Agenda™.

by getting his leg around him and playing the ball first

The law states however you cant challenge from behind as it believes you cant make a challenge from behind without fouling the player (another law that is wrong)

If the law states you can’t challenge from behind without fouling the player then Akanji couldn’t get to the ball due to the presence of Rashford.

Thanks for clearing that up, we can all now agree it was offside.

Sorry but I disagree

By the laws of the game (which are questionably wrong imho) its a goal.....its the rules that need rewriting....any player in Rashfords position in my mind is interfering with play...but the rules suggest he has to physically try to play the ball, or impede a defender from getting it..which he doesnt do
Actually that is not what the rule says. You've injected this physical element to suit your own ridiculous argument.

We have to take it and move on but.... how can it be that a player is not interfering with play when he is, at one time less than 6 inches from the ball and is in possession of the ball but without touching it for 15m+? i hope this will be one of those decisions that will be used to change the rule in the future

If the law states you can’t challenge from behind without fouling the player then Akanji couldn’t get to the ball due to the presence of Rashford.

Thanks for clearing that up, we can all now agree it was offside.
No because he could still do it...he isnt physcailly impeded from putting in a challenge...

how many times have you seen a player commit a deliberate foul with little orno attempt to play the ball...Ferna was a master of the challenge that never actually happened and looking innocent about it.

Sorry but I disagree

By the laws of the game (which are questionably wrong imho) its a goal.....its the rules that need rewriting....any player in Rashfords position in my mind is interfering with play...but the rules suggest he has to physically try to play the ball, or impede a defender from getting it..which he doesnt do
Can you post the paragraph from the LOTG that says you have to physically play or try to play the ball for it to be deemed offside?

Sorry but I disagree

Can’t you just disappear and wind up another forum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.