Ref Watch

To be fair, we keep the ball in play for that long at times they probably forget who the perpetrator was.
This is an aspect that VAR should resolve. There shouldn't be any difference between two fouls, one of which sees play interrupted and one that doesn't. The VAR whelk shed on Skeggy prom should be hammering down the ref's ear "Booking for Slabhead! Booking for Slabhead!" and as soon as the ball is out of play, out pops a card! And then fans would know that the variation in sanctions is just a figment of our fertile imaginations.

City's PL win% this season:

- when reffed by Anthony Taylor or Mike Dean: 40% (2 wins from 5)

- when reffed by anyone else: 80% (16 from 20)
Well, yer could knock me down with an eight foot plank. Who'd have thought that? I know Mike Dean had been down to Ladbrokes and put a fiver on MANUre whippin' Sunderland 15-0 that last game of the season to overhaul our miserable 3-2 v QPR. I wonder if he's taken umbrage ever since? And Taylor? Has he repeated his Fabulous Delph dismissal v Wigan? I've seen some tackles that were very similar that didn't copy Fabulous's early exit, but what can you expect from someone from bloody Wythenshawe. PiGMOL need a few more refs from 'Apper'ay!

you can now push gabriel jesus in the back all the way through the game, you might just get a caution on 85 mins. But if one of the smallest players on the pitch bernardo dares lay a hand on any opposition player its a straight yellow all day.

there is an allowance of 6 lunging tackles that takes away the city players ankle making him fall over as the city player tries to take the ball away before a yellow card comes out from the ref. This is exempt in the first half though, make hay while the sun shines opposition as you have an endless allowance in the first 45mins. The referee will demonstrate the fact that it is a yellow card offence though as soon as a city player performs this type of tackle, its cards out then.

telling the ref to "eff off" falls on deaf ears while you play city.

you only give city stonewall penalties, they aren't bothered anyhow as they wont score from it.
And there's more 'n the odd 'un that goes begging. There's a good few matches where a couple of pens have fallen on blind eyes.

Aye aye

West ham

Referee: Michael Oliver Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett Fourth official: Paul Tierney VAR: Andre Marriner Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

Aye aye

West ham

Referee: Michael Oliver Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett Fourth official: Paul Tierney VAR: Andre Marriner Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart
I suppose at least it isn't Moss. Is Eddie Smart the guide dog's name? Strange name for a dog.

Aye aye

West ham

Might as well have Lennie Bennett as a lino.

OliVAR, Tierney, and Marriner. I'm lobbing a fiver on Dias red card and 2-1 Hammers.

Might as well have Lennie Bennett as a lino.

OliVAR, Tierney, and Marriner. I'm lobbing a fiver on Dias red card and 2-1 Hammers.
Bennett the worst of the lot, although VAR should neuter his selective application of the offside rule.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.