Ref Watch

Akanji is chasing after Rashford who has gained an advantage from starting in an offside position, which part of interference do you not get. If Ederson knew Rashford was offside and couldn't touch the ball do you not think he would of just come out and cleared it, Rashfords actions have clearly impacted on the goal.

at last nail on the head

Rashford runs with the ball for 20 yards. he is interfering with play, with the city defenders, with the city keeper,
what more do you need ? when you run toward the ball, even if you're offside, defenders and keeper still close their angles and space to that player if he keeps on running

Games are not ref'd by the opinions of fans - but by the LOTG and how the ref interprets them and the ref in his interpritation has allowed the goal....the LOTG allow him to do that.
I'm sorry, but the fact the LoTG allow Attwell to interpret the laws how he wishes, does not mean that his interpretation was correct. IT WAS'NT!

VAR for all its sorry faults, on the basis they "check" all goals, should at the very least have required him to review it on the monitor. Much as i doubt his competence,(being kind here), i honestly do not believe, had he reviewed it on the monitor (and yes i know Rashford didn't touch it) but he did just about everything else, that he could still be of the opinion that he was not interfering with play.

The fact the LoTG allow this twat to interpret it the way he did, does not alter the FACT, that any normal person with more than 2 functioning brain cells, would undoubtedly have come to a different (CORRECT) decision, and disallowed it.

So before you tell me the LoTG allow for this , please don't, the laws you've quoted also allow for a competent, unbiased, non instructed, non cheating referee to correctly disallow it. Not sure which description best describes Attwell, unfortunately none of competent, independent minded, fair seem to fit the bill

I am very very pissed, and when they scored it I was waiting to be allowed by GMP’s finest to go for a piss at the swamp (second half they were literally allowing one Blue at a time down the stairs for a piss) so I haven’t seen it, but based on messages I’ve received from Blues who watched it on tv it sounds really fucking bent. It’s very regular that shit like this seems to happen against us and in favour of the rags and dippers. Not particularly subtle though?
Maybe not subtle for us but that linesman deciding when to flag or not,when a player is clearly offside,will play a big part in the game but won’t really get discussed as such.Foden flagged straight away in first half in what was a tight call,by the same linesman,..reffed differently,simple as that eh!

at last nail on the head

Rashford runs with the ball for 20 yards. he is interfering with play, with the city defenders, with the city keeper,
what more do you need ? when you run toward the ball, even if you're offside, defenders and keeper still close their angles and space to that player if he keeps on running

Put it this way if Ederson or Akanji would of wiped Rashford out and been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity then it would have been over-turned as Rashford was offside.

We all know the goal shouldn't of stood.

Complete inability to defend?

We conceded two goals: one was egregiously offside (no team can defend that farce) and then another right after when all the momentum had completely shifted to United (and even then Eddie was unlucky not to prevent it). Apart from that we handled everything they threw at us.

These takes are getting more and more ridiculously by the week.
Complete inability to defend?

We conceded two goals: one was egregiously offside (no team can defend that farce) and then another right after when all the momentum had completely shifted to United (and even then Eddie was unlucky not to prevent it). Apart from that we handled everything they threw at us.

These takes are getting more and more ridiculously by the week.
It’s not a one off it happens too often

if the second was momentum how do you explain Liverpool scoring an equaliser within a minute of city going ahead

we are poor, turgid and slow, I heard a stat today that Erlin touched the ball 8 times whilst our centre backs combined touched it 120 ish times

it’s crap as well you know

but you quoted the rules ? is TTA onside or offside in the Liverpool game with the letter of the laws
If you are talking about the clip that someone posted on here when the players hits the shot and it rebounds towards TAA and it goes out for a throw

If its that one you are talking about the Linesman is wrong (if TAA doesnt touch the ball, he is not interfeering with play as he doesnt touch the ball and makes no attempt to play it..)

If TAA plays the ball or makes an attempt to play it he is offside

The part where the rules imply it has to be physcailly impeding someone...which Rashford doesnt.

I agree his actions impact on the goal but the rules say that he has to physicaly impact on players - which he doesnt ...
I refer you back to my earlier point, what about when somebody impedes the GK’s vision standing in an offside position ? There’s nothing physical about it….YOU ARE TALKING SHITE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.