Ref Watch

For some bizarre reason we seem content to just suck it up and to be continually treated like shit time after time after time. There seems to be zero in terms of meaningful action on the part of the Club other than the odd oblique and meaningless post-match sarcasm from the manager.

This issue arises many times on here, and we are reassured that City do make their feelings known when the club is attacked. I don't know what the correct answer is.

From a supporter point of view I often feel that the club is too passive, but if that is how the club wish to operate I don't know what else we can do .

Frustration at the media shit is another aspect where I feel we are passive but how do you change it when the whores of the media are determined to kiss the rag/dipper arses, and we fit into the " dirty Arab owned " club profile?

Keeping quiet and just ignoring it is difficult at times.

just put in the post match thread my geordie boss says it reminds him of the juve serie a scandal.said not heard one person pundit or ref say its the correct call.and why didnt olivar insist its no goal

VAR - on what grounds?

e.g.
Atwell - "in my opinion, MR did not interfere with any players, and I had clear view".
VAR - "You're sure about that?"
Atwell - "yes, I'm sure. the flag was raised because he thought MR played the ball, and as that doesn't apply, there is no offside"

The trouble is that it's a subjective opinion, there's no clear instance. VAR needs to be able to identify an error to recommend a review, and it's really difficult to do so on subjective matters.

VAR - on what grounds?

e.g.
Atwell - "in my opinion, MR did not interfere with any players, and I had clear view".
Atwell - "yes, I'm sure. the flag was raised because he thought MR played the ball, and as that doesn't apply, there is no offside"

The trouble is that it's a subjective opinion, there's no clear instance. VAR needs to be able to identify an error to recommend a review, and it's really difficult to do so on subjective matters.
if he runs towards the ball hes active though it isnt subjective its just a really bad /corrupt decision imo

VAR - on what grounds?

e.g.

The BLATANT error is that Rashford WAS interfering with play. The referee was 100% WRONG. That is as CLEAR & OBVIOUSLY wrong as it gets.

VAR - on what grounds?

e.g.

Big game, big decision- why not look at the screen. Piss poor officiating.

Attwell needs the finger pointing at him as a cheat…. It won’t change yesterday but the next time he refs us he needs to feel under pressure.
Agree but whoever was in VAR carries significant blame. Was it Oliver
I hope if pigmol offer apology the club say go fuck yourself and list the issues from that game alone.
We as a club need to be become nasty arrogant bastards. We no longer need to join the elite because we are the elite. Players need to focus the anger of Saturday on winning everything left, esp league.
Rant over

The BLATANT error is that Rashford WAS interfering with play. The referee was 100% WRONG. That is as CLEAR & OBVIOUSLY wrong as it gets.
I cannot understand those who suggest that Rashford wasn't active. Had he been sitting in the stands then he's not offside, if he trundles after the ball then he's taking part in the play and he's nearer the goal when the ball was played so he's kippered. But, hey ho, it's at The Swamp. Was Fergie in the stand glowering at Attwell? Did AYardWideAttwell see the shadow stretching onto the field and thought, Oh Fuck - GOAL!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.