Ref Watch

I presume the rags will get punished being unable to control there players after the offside goal.
The linesman absolutely shit his pants
Reminded me of Keane and his mob attacking Andy D'urso.
I felt sorry for the lino. You seen him set-off to follow the play and then slows down, knowing that it’s offside, so stops way out of line of play. To me, this says he’s already pressed the the button to inform the ref (same ref flagged for a close offside against Foden) but the ref wanted it to play out. Following the incident he is overcome with a gulf of United players, which is bad enough against the backdrop of an angry crowd, but the ref then comes over and questions your judgement.

That whole episode stunk of Atwell deciding the outcome, even if it was to be questioned later. Just look at the way Atwell questioned the lino before giving his angry gesture to it being a goal. Atwell knew, the lino knew, and everybody who has even the least knowledge of the game knew that it was a decision to manipulate the result.

There is no question in anybodies mind that it should have been called so therefore the question had to be ‘why’. I think we all know the answer to that.

"Let's bring in Peter Walton to agree with the VAR. Peter..."
On decisions, Walton will always try to hold off on his judgement until VAR have made theirs, then back-up what they say. Note that in this instance he made the call prior, which is very unusual for him. However, we already know that they are listening into the VAR so had it already been decided by them that they weren’t getting involved so the incident is left to ref on-field?

So many things not adding up, no wonder people are so annoyed and confused.

On decisions, Walton will always try to hold off on his judgement until VAR have made theirs, then back-up what they say. Note that in this instance he made the call prior, which is very unusual for him. However, we already know that they are listening into the VAR so had it already been decided by them that they weren’t getting involved so the incident is left to ref on-field?

Maybe now but not when he first started. We had a running joke between us all as whatever he called was never how VAR ended up!!

He was a laughing stock!! Still is….

just put in the post match thread my geordie boss says it reminds him of the juve serie a scandal.said not heard one person pundit or ref say its the correct call.and why didnt olivar insist its no goal

So many thing ARE adding up... and the answer is BENT!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.