Ref Watch

That tonight was the very definition of handball. How it wasn't given is an absolute joke. Here's the pertaining law...

EjAfCp0X0AYQZGn

Poor officiating from the ref and VAR. Clear pen, loads of fouls not receiving yellows either for severity or accumulation and our players get battered - seems to be happening most games. Grealish was absolutely fucking fuming towards the end when he was dragged down and nothing was given

Posted this in the 'Corruption in English Football' thread earlier..

Biased refereeing done properly can be very difficult to detect.

You don't have to make any particularly controversial decision; you just have to effect player behaviour.

Let's say for instance the referee were to skew his interpretation of a foul say 60/40 in favour of a particular team it is often enough to sow doubt in the minds of the player which 100% effects their decision-making process.
I've seen it with City so many times in the past where we've been constantly penalised for questionable fouls that break up play, and you can see the point in the game where the players heads drop when they realise they are being done over.
Anyone think this wasn't at least partially responsible for the cluster fuck at the end of the first half?

Posted this in the 'Corruption in English Football' thread earlier..

Anyone think this wasn't at least partially responsible for the cluster fuck at the end of the first half?
No, that was just a piss poor pass from Ederson to Rodri's wrong side, had it gone the other side he'd have just passed it away. The other goal is on a poor tackle from Rodri, then a lucky bit of "pinball".

However, his refereeing of City was very suspect, until we got in front, when I think he largely gave up.

At one point, first half he got a card out, then put it back in his pocket, foul from behind on Lewis (iirc), then a couple of minutes later he booked Mahrez for a minimal push on the half way line. They should have had 4 or 5 yellows first half (only 2 all night), possibly a red for a stamp on Lewis, didn't give a nailed on penalty for handball. It was another very suspect performance, and a number of times Pep was furious with it.

Another tef who allowed Lewis to be roughed up. At least 3 yellow card challenges on him in 15 minutes in the first half.
I dont know why a senior pro would try and injury a 18 year old.
The worst tackle of the night on Rico and the pillock with the cards kept them in his pocket, and what would happen re yellow cards if City players harangued the ref to the same extent Spurs player did tonight - every decision and there were three or four mouthing at the award of a free kick. Do refs ever think I'll let that go to avoid having three or four snarling in my face? I bet Jack 'n Rico think they do! Hooper was exceeding poor!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.