Ref Watch

I may be wrong mate as it seems they change the rules or ‘interpretation so often these days, but I’m sure I read a while ago that those types of fouls, whether accidental or not, are to be deemed as yellow card offences ?

Not defending this fat bald headed twat btw.

Not against City they aren’t.

Not against City they aren’t.
As I’ve said numerous times mate, here and on other threads, I’ve started to get pissed off with clear uneven handed reffing of us not just big decisions either, just in general play, have done for a while now, so in no way am I defending these wankers, it was just something I remember reading or hearing during commentary a while ago.

We’ve seen players carded for it when they’re clearly trying to avoid making contact with the back of a player or his legs (like Mahrez last night), I think there’s a definite ‘misunderstanding’ by some officials of why it was introduced, ie a deliberate trip from behind, but more than happy to be shown I’m wrong.

As I’ve said numerous times mate, here and on other threads, I’ve started to get pissed off with clear uneven handed reffing of us not just big decisions either, just in general play, have done for a while now, so in no way am I defending these wankers, it was just something I remember reading or hearing during commentary a while ago.

We’ve seen players carded for it when they’re clearly trying to avoid making contact with the back of a player or his legs (like Mahrez last night), I think there’s a definite ‘misunderstanding’ by some officials of why it was introduced, ie a deliberate trip from behind, but more than happy to be shown I’m wrong.

It pissed me off as well & it’s blatant. I think they’ve learnt from sports like boxing, a referee can dictate the style of the fight & who can win.

Don’t get me started on advantages & stopping play for injuries to break up play.

If the last 3 games has been refereed evenly & to the LOTG we’d have been playing 10 men after 30 minutes & they’d have been shit scared of putting a tackle in. We’d also have 5 more points & be top of the league.

That’s not even discussing the big decisions of penalties & VAR etc

Maybe I might just start betting on opposing teams not getting more than 1 player booked in the 1st half. Obviously versus Rags & Dippers change to 60 mins. No players being sent off in 90.

Truly disappointing that Hooper last night didn't see the persistent fouling as cautions. You can almost read the script nowadays, let city's opponent get away with yellows, then book a city lad and after that it's ok to book on or two of theirs when the game is nearly decided.

If he deemed the push by Mahrez bookable, when contact looked minimal, their player was up alone again 4 city players and was looking for contact, but the pretty late 4th foul by hojberg or bentacur on lewis as fine then I hope pep or someone at the club highlights this.

When even Gary bloody Neville is saying it's wrong the spurs player has escaped a booking yet again, you know you've got a snidey ref. Led to a situation where Lewis has pulled up and had to be subbed.

Last edited:
Some sneaky challenges of the outhouse defecation variety yesterday. Thought the referee tried to allow the game to flow, with the exception of excessive stops, which dried up at 2-2 and disappeared when Spurs were 3-2 down. I always fear another Everton game.

As I sit in the SS L3 can someone who watched it on TV tell me was Grealish fouled as he ran through late on it certainly looked like it to me, also apparently there was a handball by Richarlison, was there? And finally Haaland seemed to be brought down late on in the box, was it a penalty?

That tonight was the very definition of handball. How it wasn't given is an absolute joke. Here's the pertaining law...

EjAfCp0X0AYQZGn
It's better if you quote the law as it is now.

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
  • scores in the opponents' goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.