Ref Watch

That tonight was the very definition of handball. How it wasn't given is an absolute joke. Here's the pertaining law...

EjAfCp0X0AYQZGn

ah you forgot the new rule that players aren't too close. You know the one the refs and commentators have just made up that isn't in the rule book to stop giving penalties to us

No, that was just a piss poor pass from Ederson to Rodri's wrong side, had it gone the other side he'd have just passed it away. The other goal is on a poor tackle from Rodri, then a lucky bit of "pinball".

However, his refereeing of City was very suspect, until we got in front, when I think he largely gave up.

At one point, first half he got a card out, then put it back in his pocket, foul from behind on Lewis
(iirc), then a couple of minutes later he booked Mahrez for a minimal push on the half way line. They should have had 4 or 5 yellows first half (only 2 all night), possibly a red for a stamp on Lewis, didn't give a nailed on penalty for handball. It was another very suspect performance, and a number of times Pep was furious with it.
If that's right then was someone telling him in his ear not to issue a card?

VERY suspect!!!

Yeah, it was barely a foul by Mahrez, and wasn't stopping an obvious attack either, there were players ahead of the attacker. Pretty much our first foul, and Lewis had been fouled at least 3 times by then, this happens to us week in, week out.
The Mahrez booking was the second foul by a City player.

Spurs made SIX cynical fouls before their first booking.

Something STINKS!!!

Thread is becoming schizophrenic.

The simple answer to all these issue is to make it compulsory for every decision to be explained live by the referee and/or VAR if it goes to them.

Which laws are they using. How have they interpreted any of the “subjective” points. How have they have reached their conclusion.

That way, there’s no confusion, none of this “did he see this bit? Did he see that bit?”, nothing to hide behind.

The fact they don’t/won’t do this can only mean one thing.

Why hide the decision making process if you have nothing to hide?
Even then it wouldn’t matter as they answer to no one and as we saw after the derby their mouthpieces in the media all close ranks and spout the same mantra.

Yeah, it was barely a foul by Mahrez, and wasn't stopping an obvious attack either, there were players ahead of the attacker. Pretty much our first foul, and Lewis had been fouled at least 3 times by then, this happens to us week in, week out.
I may be wrong mate as it seems they change the rules or ‘interpretation so often these days, but I’m sure I read a while ago that those types of fouls, whether accidental or not, are to be deemed as yellow card offences ?

Not defending this fat bald headed twat btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.